Thread: How to Transfer custom Ringtones to BlackBerry

How to Transfer custom Ringtones to BlackBerry

My problem is that I am not able to transfer the custom ringtone to my Black Berry. I am using blackberry curve 8310. I don’t know the way to do that. Some of my friends told that it is not possible to set the customize ringtone to the phone but I don’t think so. There must be some way to do that which I don’t know. Is there anyone who knows the method to do the same? Please post your suggestion.

Re: How to Transfer custom Ringtones to BlackBerry

You can use media card reader to transfer the ringtone and any other files to your phone. Remove the memory card from your phone and insert it into the media card reader’s slot. Connect the media card reader to computers USB slot and it will appear as a drive like you connect a pen drive to your computer. Open that drive and make a folder Ringtone and copy paste the tone there and remove that. Again insert that to mobile and now you can use that as the ringing tone.

The simplest and the safest way to get ringtone on your device is that you should have memory card installed on you have enabled the mass storage mode. If you want to do that then you have to install the memory card into your device. You should go to Options > Media Card and enable the mass storage mode. You can also select the auto connect. This will connect to mass storage automatically whenever connected to computer.

You need phone software or I can say phone utility that can do this. If you are already having the ringtone to your phone then you have to make sure that you know the exact location of that ringtone. You can also download limewire to find a ringtone and you can also use software called Audacity if you want to make your own ringtone. My suggestion to you is to use a memory card because it is not possible for phone memory to hold more ringtone. It may also slow down the processing of your phone.

I think you want to make your own custom ring tone for your blackberry. If you want to do that then you should download Ringtonesia Blackberry bold creator from internet.It is a free software available for the blackberry and you can use it to make ringtone from any audio or video file. It can read almost all the mobile format of video and audio and convert it to ringtone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can also take the ringtone from other devices via Bluetooth. Black berry is fully compatible with the Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth is nothing but a wireless connection between two devices to create a wireless messaging system . You can also take the ringtone from the computer which has Bluetooth connection. You just have to establish a connection between the two devices and can send the files.

You can also get it from the 3G uploader. You will find many 3G Uploader services which are available on internet. It will save the music to 3G Uploader website and you will be provided with a temporary URL. You will be navigated to a temporary URL with the browser of your black berry. You will be able to download the ringtone from here for free.