Thread: How to: Sync your iPhone Calendar / Contacts with Gmail

How to: Sync your iPhone Calendar / Contacts with Gmail

I have got a new iPhone for which i would like to have some software which can let me connect (sync) phone's Calendar / Contacts with Gmail. So can you guys suggest me some information about any good software. I have heard about the Google Sync can do it in a better way but i didn't found it anywhere. Is there anybody who have used this software to sync the iPhone's Calendar / Contacts with Gmail.

Re: How to: Sync your iPhone Calendar / Contacts with Gmail

Google has released a beta version of its new service. It is thus possible for users of Google Mail to import the information on their iPhone and other mobile devices (Pocket PC, mobile phone, etc.). One condition: The terminal must support the SyncML format. Developments in relation to other projects in connection with Google mobile resides in a real timing push. The information is updated instantly. Google Sync is already available for Blackberry and other devices running Symbian S60.

Synchronization between the popular Google Calendar and the equally popular Microsoft Outlook is a problem that several solutions, often paying, are already working. In the series "one is never better served than by yourself, Google released a free tool and running to fill the gap. Google Calendar Sync does exactly what it says and nothing more: the minimalist interface of the tool allows to choose his sense of timing (Outlook to Google Calendar, Google Calendar to Outlook and bi-directional) and the frequency of automatic synchronization. So we arrive at only fault of the tool: only the primary calendar is assumed, which is a shame because the interest of Google Calendar is precisely its ability to manage multiple calendars.

I have liked this software greatly as it is very useful for Outlook 2003 to 2007 but useless for Outlook 2010 - Version 0.9.3.5. With this little program everyone can synchronize their Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar (version prior to Microsoft Outlook 2010). With Outlook 2010, we can set directly on the Microsoft software like Mozilla Thunderbird. 2 to 3 clicks it takes an extraordinary simplicity.

This is a feature of Google fans equipped with an iPhone were waiting a long time: a synchronization tool that can manage contacts and calendars , work seamlessly between Google's servers and your mobile Apple! Called Google Sync, it allows, through setting up an Exchange account on your iPhone , sync two-way data from your iPhone to those of your Gmail account. Contacts in your address book and the elements of your various agendas will therefore automatically updated, that you make changes to your phone, or via Google's services !

Enter the address of your Google account in the Username field and your password. Then press Next and enter the address in the field m.google.com server. Play again Next , then select what services you want to sync, and voila ! Various tests revealed no problems , but Google said that this feature is still in beta , and suggest you make a backup of your data via iTunes before you start .

Since Google Sync is a bilateral service , you can make changes to your mobile or your Google account. Your calendar and contacts are always up to date wherever you are and whatever you do. Moreover, as your data is automatically saved to your Google account , your information is secure even if you lose your mobile.