Thread: IPad calendar sync issues with Exchange server

IPad calendar sync issues with Exchange server

I guess like many of you have also an iPhone in addition to your iPad. I was wondering how can we synchronize google account (contact / mail / calendar ) with the exchange on IPAD and on the iPhone? When I configure my Exchange account on Google ipad I lose everything on the iPhone. I guess like many of you have also an iPhone in addition to your iPad. I was wondering how can we synchronize google account (contact / mail / calendar ) with the exchange server on IPAD ? When I configure my exchange account on Google ipad? Please suggest.

Re: IPad calendar sync issues with Exchange server

If you use Gmail and Google Calendar, you probably know that Google offers the possibility of wireless sync your data. TheiPad allows connectivity to an Exchange server. By cons , you can only sync your primary calendar. Google does not yet recognize the iPad, it is impossible to add additional calendars from your device browser . There is a trick that allows you to bypass this deficiency. The configuration of a configuration that agendas should be made from your computer using the Safari browser. It is also possible to do with Firefox.

At first , configure the Exchange server with your Google Account on the iPad . Go to "Settings "and select "Mail, Contacts and Calendar. "Select " Add Account "- "Microsoft Exchange ".Enter the information in your Gmail account.Enter the server name : m.google.com. Once this is done, your account data will synchronize with your device. Before adding your calendars, you must change the display of Safari so that it can emulate the mobile version of Google Sync.and choose File - Preferences. Click the menu "Advanced". Check the box to the left of " Show Menu Development in the menu bar . " A new menu is called "Development "will appear .

Select the menu "Development "- " User Agent "- "Mobile Safari 3.1.3 - ipone . Please note that the change is only valid for the tab that appears on your screen. You are now ready to configure your calendars extra .Still on Safari , enter the following URL : http://m.google.com/sync. Select " Change language ". The Google Sync menu is not present on the French version. Select the version française U.S. . " If you have synchronized your iPad, you should see the list. Select it .You are on the form where you can add new calendars on your iPhone. Select your calendar and press "Save . " On your iPad, go to the Mail application connected to your Exchange account and press the button to update. This action will force the synchronization. Last step in Calendar , check if the icon "Calendar "is present in the upper left corner of the screen. This is where you can select the display of your calendar.

Synchronizing contacts and calendars on your iPhone or iPod touch iPad requires latest version of iTunes. Visit User Guide of your device to check the compatibility of software for managing contacts and calendars on your computer. Read this Article For more information on setting initial synchronization.

If data that synchronize with your device have an unexpected number of modifications or changes may need to reset your synchronization history . iTunes will prompt you to systematically merge or replace information on the device the next time you try to synchronize your information. To reset your sync history :
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Menu EditionSelected Preferences.
    3. Click the Devices tab .
    4. Click Reset Sync History.