Thread: Sony Ericsson W995:Mobile ad hoc network problem

Sony Ericsson W995:Mobile ad hoc network problem

Hello friends, have a Sony W995 mobile phone. And using a wifi internet connection with it. Currently it occurs a problem in wifi at the ad-hoc network during exchanging packages, which is not performing. I tried to change the IP-address and also to adjust network mask but it does not works. What should I do? Any idea of connectivity, if I did any mistake in creating a connection.

Re: Sony Ericsson W995:Mobile ad hoc network problem

The mobile ad-hoc network or sometimes it is called as ‘Mobile mask network’ it is auto configured with the network device which is connected with the wireless link. It is a decentralized networking technique. Each device of the Mobile ad hoc network is free to move any direction. It forwards the traffic by its own, there for it works as a Router.

The challenging part of the Mobile ad hoc connectivity is the each device is to maintain the all the information for the traffic. It is a routable networking environment on the top of the layer of the network. This is also a mesh network, but all are them not wireless not mobile. It using some protocol(routing protocol) and the ability for managing itself.

According to your post in the mobile ad hoc networking, there is requirement of the local network connectivity. If you are not able to use the wifi from your mobile then go through these process and make a local connection. It will help you.
    1.Go to the setting on your mobile.
    2.Then connectivity>>Internet setting.
    3. Allow for the local connection.
    4. Click on YES.

Is your wifi adapter is working or not? Is it connected properly with the computer and able to share the files of the mobile? Check the setting with the setting connection. You need to set up the network as the favorite of your mobile wifi options. And then enable the network sharing in the setting option of the phone connectivity option.

It problem is seems to be stays with the W995. I would recommend you update the software or repair the mobile by using the Sony PC suite. Just remember before do anything back your file and the all the data’s. If you still facing the problem reset your mobile which you will got in the mobile setting option. You should adjust the wifi setting. Hope it will help you to overcome from the problem.

I think there should be some connectivity problem between the PC and the mobile phone. I tried with some command prompt in windows Vista, and I got the data’s back. The issue may be the wifi connection with the other phone. I assume that the PC or the IP address of the phone is wrong, no problem in the wireless adapter. I would suggest you to change the setting of the wifi. It may will help you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!