Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010

Connected to Free Wi-Fi, but Safari won't open in Macbook pro

I am working in a multinational company and the company provides the Wi-fi services for free as i have a Macbook pro i tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi but the connection failed to do so. So what is the problem the safari browser that i am using shows that there is an issue in the connection please provide some help on these issue any suggestion will be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2010

Re: Connected to Free Wi-Fi, but Safari won't open in Macbook pro

There are chances that the network access is provided or granted through a client or a Enterprise / industries certificate that might have to be installed on your devices from where you are trying to access the internet, these depends upon the company polices from where you try to access the internet via a wifi. The examples of these type of the network are is BTOpenzone or The Cloud which allow to access the internet without a password. So, first tell me do you have the password or not.
Old 02-10-2010

The company has provided me the password for the access to the internet via wifi in the company campus and they said that the enterprise/industries certificate has been issued to the company. So, what is the problem with the wifi connection please provide some solution to these issue any suggestion will be appreciated by me.
Old 02-10-2010

If there is not a problem with the wifi connection in the campus then check the Network settings in the Macbook Pro.To do these settings go to the settings section from the Workaround and then select the Network settings and finally select the Wifi connection to access the internet through wifi connection, finally restart the laptop to see the chances and access the internet.
Old 05-10-2010

There seems to be an issue with the browser that you are using with the Macbook pro to access the internet through wifi so the solution to fix this problem is replace your browser with the new one. The safari browser is available on the apple website so download it and then try to install it and then try to access the internet with the help of that through the wifi connection, these will resolve your problem for sure.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,