Thread: Movie "was not copied... because it cannot be played on this iPad.

Movie "was not copied... because it cannot be played on this iPad.

I have iPad Touch and today i downloaded a mp4 movie an dtry to rip to play on my Apple Tv.When i drag the movie to iPad i got the following error "movie was not copied to the iPad name because it cannot be played on this iPad". What do i can do to get rid from this error. Thank you in Advance.

Re: Movie "was not copied... because it cannot be played on this iPad.

I have ripped movies with handbrake and this work fine on my iPad.Also I use apple settings. When i rip my movies it save as .mp4 format and they are automatically play using iTunes. I know this will not help to solve your problem but you can atleast know that i am using the same settings as you and this works for me. i am not very much sure what to tell you but if you wish you can do all your action as i did and this might play your movie.

I use handbrake with the universal setting and which play things almost in all Apple devices. When you use handbrake it is best to make use of one of the included presets from latest preset. If you are making changes to this setting then there is chances to get problem. I get same error message with some files and not with others.Since there are number of settings in handbrake which may create playback issue. Therefore i will suggest the user to stick the Apple device presets because this are tied to certain profiles accepted by various devices.

I try this but it still not improve the results. Try to sync movie canot played on this ipad. Then use advanced. Go to Create iPad/Apple TV version, and the file is already in correct format. Choosing the option again does not help. Do you have any idea for already existing videos?If you have any idea please share your effort will be appreciated.

You can use AVCWare video to iPad converter. This converter will convert almost all videos to iPad supported format. The conversion done with this converter is fast, nice sound output and good quality image. AVCWare converter convert all videos and audio file to iPod mp3 and mp4 format. It can convert avi to ipod, mp3 to ipod, mp4 to ipod, gif to ipod, 3gp to ipod, Divx to ipod. You can download this converter it is easy to use. Hope this would help you to get rid of your issue.

I was having the same problem, I had ripped my DVDs using handbrake using the apple TV preset. The problem is that I could not convert them in iTunes. I just use the latest version of handbrake and convert it using the current Apple TV preset and now it is working fine for me. I even downloaded the AVCWare converter just to see whether it will solve this issue or not. I convert some movies in mp4 format and this is also working well.