Thread: Non-US (international) iPad 3G Activation

Non-US (international) iPad 3G Activation

I am planning to buy a 3G iPad through a friend in US and iPad 3G to be used in India. I know that it will support any micro simcard but the cellular data activation wizard seems to act only ATT card. So i want to know if any one is using a non-US and non-ATT card successfully in India. Please inform me. I try to find it on google but did not get anything. thank you in Advance.

Re: Non-US (international) iPad 3G Activation

You were not able to get anything regarding international ipad 3g activation on google. They are delivered abroad through friends and family. I think the cellular data activation wizard will not show up if you use a non-AT & T micro sim. You will need to enter the GPRS setting manually and then it will work fine. Hope this information will help you in deciding whether to buy 3G iPad or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I purchased ipad from America through my friend and all three GPRS,EDGE and 3G are working fine in swisscoms network in Japan. When the swisscom announce that they had launched micro-sim and it is available in the store. I puchased it and the strange thing is that now the At&T wizard disappears from my ipad as soon as i pop a non-AT&T card. so i think the non-AT&T sim card will not work well with your 3G iPad.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I understand this that i can use GPRS by setting it manually and i believe you but the conformation from someone else will be fine. I do not want to spend $850 or more on device that will not work. i will get a wifi instead of buying this if even EDGE is not supporting. And There is more then moths of time to launch 3G in India. i just want to know whether a non AT&T card will pop up or not.

I am in Egypt and using 3g iPad and just received the 64/3G. Over here i am using vodafone but i always has no service everytime. I almost tried everything known to me but nothing happen. I call to vodafone care and they gave me user name,password and APN but it still does not work and still shows no service. Can any one tell me if you had done something to let it work? Thank you advance.

Yes you can use your 3G ipad in India. And i am sure that it will work fine in India But you have to be satisfied with EDGE connection because currently there is no 3G operator available in india. Prior to this you can use net through GPRS. You just need to trim any internet enable sim. After trimming you will get your iPad working fine. So if you can wait for some time to use 3G you can purchase ipad from outside India.

Generally, the iPad or iPhone version in US. is a little bit of different from the version in India.
    Don't worry , you can change the configuration and make it work.
    Last edited by Vigil.M; 05-10-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: No external links