Thread: poor wifi performance on iOS (iPad and iPhone)

poor wifi performance on iOS (iPad and iPhone)

I recently bought iPad and the wifi performance is poor. I try speedtest application on both iPad and iPhone and even ran it on my MBpro but the results are really surprising.Results were changing from one min to next due to router saturation but not because of 3 factor. I think ios is not doing wifi very well .some one else have any solution to this issue. Please help.

Re: poor wifi performance on iOS (iPad and iPhone)

I think you can try resetting your network setting this might solve your issue. You can do this on both iPad and iPhone. To reset your network setting you can go to tap setting and select general and select reset and then go to reset network setting. After resetting the devices restart both the devices and see now it may work fine. Hope this will help you.

My both devices iPad and iPhone connect to my airport extreme router nicely and i am able to use it extremely fine. But when i try to connect them with my Netgear router i need to restart the router every time when the connection seems to be slow down. so i would suggest you to check your router rather then devices. the problem may be in the router and not in the iPad or iPhone.

As per your suggestion i tried resetting my network but it didn't do anything. Interesting thing is that when i try to connect it to use some other network i get the same performance on both the machines. But when i try this at home it is half the macbook. At my home i use clearwire modem connected to time capsule linked to airport express in wds mode so i disconnected the time capsule and connected to another airport express running in default mode. but the result is same as time capsule.

I am not alone having this issue. this started happening when i am watching video on iPad. I spent more than 2 hours with apple and clearwire to check why my speed is different on iPad and i think it is problem with clearwire because when i use other network the speed is fine. as compare to my iMac the speed is less than half of it. Can any one tell that they are using clearwire and getting speed more then 2.0?

Try to perform this check your network setting and see if you have "Frameburst" of "AfterBurner" see to it that they are OFF. And see that your wireless router channel is free one. Most of the people keep their router on default mode, but around me i can see almost eight router network and all are using channel 1 and two people uses channel 3. And for me the channel 1 is useful. So what channel best suite to you depends on the people using around you?