Thread: Sony Ericsson W995 security lock

Sony Ericsson W995 security lock

I have new Sony Ericsson W995 and i have gone through all the features of this phone. I have got confused at one thing. Actually i want to lock my phone so that nobody other can use it. But i am not able to find out the feature which can let me do this thing on my phone. Can anybody suggest me that what could i do so that nobody will be able to use my phone.

Re: Sony Ericsson W995 security lock

As i have not used the Sony Ericsson mobile phone so i am not familiar with its operating system. Still i can tell you that you should simply lock the keypad of your phone by using the password so that nobody will be able to open the keypad lock and hence nobody will operate your phone without your permission, In fact without inputting the same password.

You may search for an third party application which lets your lock phone completely which can only be unlocked by entering the predefined password. Though i did not found any software yet but i guess there must be something like that. I guess you need to do a bit more search on an internet for such software.

There is no need to lock install any software in order to lock your phone as such feature has been provided in your phone itself. When your phone is in Stand By mode, Press the Menu button and then go to the Settings. Now switch to the General Tab and then select the Security where you would be having an option to lock your phone. But make sure that you never forget this password.

Once you have forgotten the password to unlock your phone then you have messed up with your phone badly. You might have to format your phone which will remove the password along with all the data from your phone memory. And all this would be done by Service Center guy as you won't be able to do so.