Thread: Startup problems with the Acer 1694WLMi - Blank screen Help!

Startup problems with the Acer 1694WLMi - Blank screen Help!

Friends, I bought Acer Aspire 1694WLMi recently and have some problem with it. Whenever I try to shut down the computer I found that the fans goes round, light comes on but the screen is not initialized and nothing happens. I am not getting this that why this is happening to it. I think that it may be related to the battery or the AC adapter. Is there anyone who has similar problem with the laptop? Please suggest me that what should I do?

Re: Startup problems with the Acer 1694WLMi - Blank screen Help!

Hey the same issue was also there with my dads laptop but when I let it to the computer engineer then they told me that it is the problem related to the Battery and it is not working problem. There was nothing wrong the laptop except that of batteries. They told me that I have to replace the battery with the new one. I did the same and I got the problem gone. You should also check for the battery issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

There is possibility that you have problem with the RAM. It may be not connected to the RAM cord properly. There may be loose connection of RAM. What you have to do is remove the RAM from the slot clean it gently and again insert it to the slot and use the computer. I don't think that you will get this issue again if it was due to the RAM connection.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Here is what I did when I was getting the problem which was somewhat similar to the issue you told. I attached another monitor to it and turned the computer on. I found that it starts the computer on second monitor. Proceed with it and after few times you will find that second monitor goes blank and it start on the normal screen. I don’t know what the issue was but it solves that.

I was also having the same issue with my laptop and I thought that it is a RAM issue therefore I swapped the RAM with another one and found that it was working. But it was only for a week. And after that it again started showing the same issue. Thereafter I removed the battery from it and after a few minutes I again inserted the battery again started the laptop. It again worked for that day. On next day again problem started. I am confused with the problem. Please help us.

This seems to be a very random problem. Anyone can get confused with it. You can try to use Fn + f6 or f5 key. This may help you but there are very few chances of that. The best way to get it solved is to take that to the service center and ask them about the issue. They are the experts and can solve the problem in best way. Don't try anything on yourself till you are not confident about the issue.

You told that you bought it recently and if you bought it new then they must have given you the warranty cart for that. I am sure that it is still in warranty period. Take that to the dealer and see what he can help you. If you find that they are not able to help you then you can take it directly to the manufacturer they will solve that or they may exchange yours with a new one.