Thread: Disabling awful power cord beep from Acer Aspire laptop?

Disabling awful power cord beep from Acer Aspire laptop?

Hi friends I am using Acer Aspire 5740 laptop and I very happy for its all performance like gaming, screen clarity, and some other features. But I have one problem in my laptop. Whenever I insert Ac adapter pin in my laptop its make very irritating and same sound I receive when I took out Ac adapter pin form laptop. I want to disable this sound but I am not able to find its exact location. I have tried on Google also but nowhere find solution. If anyone here who is using this laptop, please tell me its solution.

Re: Disabling awful power cord beep from Acer Acer Aspire laptop?

I do not think so that there is any need to make it disable because how many time you will insert Ac adapter in and out. Having reminder is good because it reminds us that our Ac adapter is connected. What will happen if you forget to remove your adapter from laptop, you can lose your battery and laptop? But still if you want to disable this sound you have to check your sound settings. But still I will suggest you that its god to have sound.

Re: Disabling awful power cord beep from Acer Acer Aspire laptop?

First you have not written here that which operating system your are using on your computer. I am using windows XP and I hope mine setting will help you to find the exact location in your OS. Open Your Device Manager settings and then view all hidden devices. Now go on to the Non Plug and play Driver and then click to explore it and right click on the Beep menu and make it disable and restart your computer. I hope it will resolve your difficulty. It must be similar to windows 7 and vista.

Re: Disabling awful power cord beep from Acer Aspire laptop?

Yes I know it’s very good to have reminder but that sound should be bearable. I am also hearing this sound on my Acer laptop. This sound is very irritating and I cannot bare it. Every time when I plug my ac adapter it’s remind me horribly. I went to device manager but I am not able to find beep there. I am using windows 7 .is it because of windows 7?If anyone has idea about windows 7 please tell me. I really want to disable it.

Maybe it can be due to difference in operating system. But still if you are not able to find this “beep” in Device Manager or if you are not able to make it disable there, then try Acer epowermanagement. Maybe you will find some option n there to make it disable. Don’t you have manual of your laptop? You can find your solution there. Otherwise visit Acer aspire website. I hope you will be able to make it disable.

I was also trying to disable my laptop reminding sound but I did not find any solution. Then I sent one email to Acer and they told me that there is no such option to make that sound disable. It is enabled by default from company. But I found one solution, it’s a trick. If you will not install your realtek audio driver then the beep will not work. One more option is to mute your all system. It is the easiest way to avoid that sound.

I am also using same laptop and facing this sound from its first day. It’s not very serious problem but it’s annoying and also irritate your mind. First day I went acre website and found that there is no way to make it turn it off. It’s really hurt. I do not understand that we can manage some other sound but not this one. Actually I do not keep my adapter plugged for long time bcz in that way I destroy my battery because of overcharging. So I use it for very short time and whenever I plug it in or out, it’s give me bad sound. Overall it’s very bad to not having rights to disable that sound. Acre should give us this option.