Thread: F700 wireless driver

F700 wireless driver

I encompass a friend who came home from work and unexpectedly his system is no longer be familiar with the incorporated wireless. It's a Compaq Presario F700 laptop. I went to the Compaq hold up or maintain pages and to that model additional than there are inquisitively extremely a small number of drivers on together versions of that model as far as drivers go. Essentially there is basically nothing on the pages concerning drivers for that unit. A kick Google search turned up not anything as well. He is working with Windows XP. Anybody be familiar with of an additional location where I might locate those drivers.

Re: F700 wireless driver

TONS of ppl are having the similar tribulations by means of the similar exact model no matter what os is working. Then call hp/compaq and they determine to say it’s not their difficulty and they have by no means heard of it previous too even though ppl have said online that they have the entire called and no one might assist them at hp. The entire of the unexpected the broadcom wireless would not demonstrate under device manager and light turns orange as an alternative of blue. The hp tried to blame it on windows vista bring up to date though I be familiar with for absolute certain that is not the case for the reason that I have not once updated vista and it is turned off entirely.

The merely obsession that worked at the entire was I used the hp recovery manager to set backside to factory settings. The light twisted blue and I might attach. I reserved vista updates off and disc from internet to be certain no updates would go from side to side then I restarted the computer a couple of times and similar tribulations happens the entire in excess of again light turns orange, broadcom disappears from device mgr list, etc.

I set back to factory settings the entire in excess of again tranquil making certain vista updates are off and this time, I bring up to date the broadcom driver and the illumination goes amber/orange/yellow/whatever and no internet connectivity the entire in excess of again. I am setting it backside to factory settings the entire in excess of again to try incredible else other than I do not be familiar with what I imagine I am immediately going to go purchase a usb wireless adapter for $30 to observe if that works .

Yes, attractive much the similar thing I encountered by means of tech support. The wireless died a diminutive in excess of a year ago, and tech support denied there was several tribulations, then blamed Microsofft, Broadcom, etc. Each explanation offered online works temporarily at most excellent, if at the entire. So, my explanation is simple. I no longer bought several HP or Compaq products, and strongly advise additional not to as well. I in addition no longer support their apparatus, as this come into sight to be a case of "planned obsolescence," particularly given some of the actually high quotes from HP to fix the tribulations (it's cheaper to immediately replace the laptop by means of a superior one).

It’s the majority absolutely not software, it’s the south bridge chip! Give the impression of being on your local craigslist and locate a decent tech doing reflows, you be supposed to not encompass to pay additional than 100 bucks for a tech by means of the appropriate equipment to do a reflow out of his house, have him do that as well to maintain from having this tribulations in the future.

Subsequent to no response on this discussion I did an online session by means of HP support. Subsequent an hour of frustrating this and trying that I was told that "the hardware is terrible" and that it requirements to be shipped to HP. This is a week-old laptop. I determine to be returning it to the manufacturer. The drivers position on the connection Enables gave you be supposed to work. Most of the drivers encompass to be physically installed from side to side the device manager. Do not skip a driver if it does not install appropriately. Some of the drivers necessitate the ones formerly installed to function appropriately. If you necessitate further assistance please let us be familiar with.