Thread: SIP calls from Sony Ericsson C905!

SIP calls from Sony Ericsson C905!

I have recently bought a new phone that is Sony Ericsson C905 and i liked all the features of this phone. Only one thing i didn't got that does this phone supports for the SIP calls or not. Is there anybody who have tried to make any SIP calls from this phone. If it can do then i would be so happy as it is very much important for me. I am using Vodafone network on this phone.

Re: SIP calls from Sony Ericsson C905!

I have tried making some SIP calls from the same model number of Sony Ericsson phone but i was not able to do so. But i know that for sure that you can make SIP calls from this phone as my dealer from where i have bought this phone have showed me doing SIP calls from my phone but i guess i am going wrong somewhere regarding the settings. You may search about the SIP settings on your phone.

SIP call settings might need to get enabled from the network provider itself so i think you should call to the Vodafone Customer Care to make them sending the SIP call setting to your phone after which you should be able to do SIP calls from your phone. And some settings need to be done on your phone too. I guess the setting about the SIP calls would be somewhere in connectivity, though i am not so sure about it.

Best way to find out that your phone supports for SIP calls or not would be going through the manual. You should try to find out SIP in your cell phone's manual which comes along with your phone. If it supports then there would be settings for the same as well if it is needed. There would be many more features about your phone which you might not be knowing.

I have tried to configure the SIP on my phone which is the same one as of you. You have to go to the Settings -> Connectivity -> SIP settings. But i was not able to do the thin g for which i enabled this settings. Actually this phone does not supports for Skype VOIP calling so it was not worth for me. If you need SIP settings for some other purpose then you need to contact your service provider.

I guess no GSM mobile network provider in an India is providing the support for the SIP calling service. Though there are many phones in Nokia and Sony Ericsson as well which can support this feature but as they are disabled from the network provider, User is not able to make SIP calls. Still it can be done by enabling it from the network. You just need to call to your SIM customer care. Make sure that your phone has support for the same. They might tell you to use some Postpaid Connection if you are using the Prepaid one.