Thread: Memory Card Problem, Unrecognized Format

Memory Card Problem, Unrecognized Format

Friends I am using Samsung Tocco mobile phone with 2 GB microSD memory card. I am using this from last 1 year and it was working without any problem but two days back when I tried to open the memory card through mobile menu, it fails to open it. It shows me an error message that the memory card is has an unrecognized format Reformatting will erase all data, Reformat now?'' It was showing me option for yes and no. If I press yes it will delete all the data in the memory card and I cannot lose those data. I have not saved them anywhere else. Therefore I selected no option. Please tell me what may be the possible solution for this?

Re: Memory Card Problem, Unrecognized Format

If you want to use the memory card then you have to format the memory card. But as you told that you have important data in it then you can switch off your mobile and remove the memory card. Insert the memory cars to an adapter and connect that to computer. If your computer identifies the card then your work is done. You can save the data to computer and format the card into phone. Reinsert the data to card. If the computer also fails to recognize it then I don’t know any idea to get it back. You have to format your memory card.

This seems that it is a problem due to virus attack in your memory card which is not allowing your memory card to be recognized by any other device. you should remove remove you memory card and connect that with your computer via card reader which is easily available in the market. scan the entire memory with the updated antivirus and clean all the files. now again insert it into the the mobile and try to access that. It will allow the access if it is a problem due to virus attack.

There may be problem with your mobile phone which is not able to identify the memory card. You should insert your card in any other mobile and see to it that if it is recognizing ti or not. If it get recognized then you can sen the content to any other memory card via bluetooth and again insert your card in your phone. If it asks you to format the card then press yes as you have backup. After formatting again take the date from the second memory card to your via bluetooth.

There may be two reasons behind this problem. First is that your memory card may be corrupted and the second one is that the file system of your phone is corrupted. If you are in the first case then you can try the above post but there are very less chances that they are going to help you. And if you are in second case then you should update the mobile software and it will correct the file system and again it will start functioning normally.

Your memory card slot, which is inside the mobile may be damaged or corrupted. And therefore it is not fitting properly to the slot. Each connecting pin in the slot should be connected to the connecting area in the memory card chip otherwise it will not be able to detect the memory card. Reinsert the card properly in the slot and try to access the card. If then also it is not allowing you the access then you can change the memory slot from any mobile repairing shop.

Ok I got it. The problem was with the memory slot. It was not fitting to properly the memory card and therefore was unable to recognize the card. I change the slot for memory card as suggested and now I can access each and every folder and file of the card. Thank you very much all.