Thread: Sony Ericsson C510a keypad problem

Sony Ericsson C510a keypad problem

I am using a Sony Ericsson Cybershot C510a and this phone is amazing as it has never showed any problem but now i guess it is enough to say good things about it. Since i have upgraded the this phone to its 3rd firmware, there wasn't any problem for couple of weeks but then i am not able to use this phone due to its keypad problem.
    1. After calling somebody, when i push the down button while call is ON then it keeps on going down.
    2. Pushing the Red (End Call) button to close anything then it closes an opened application but opens phonebook immediately.
    3. Suddenly keypad gets freezed but Camera slider helps me to get it back to normal display but if call comes then i won't be able to accept it.
    Please HEELLLPPPP!!!

Re: Sony Ericsson C510a keypad problem

I think your phone must have got some kind of virus due to which its software have got some kind of problem and hence it is not responding as per the expectations. I suggest you to connect your phone with the computer system and then scan the whole phone (Phone Memory as well as Memory Card). Please remove all the detected viruses out of your phone.

It might also happen that your phone have not upgraded properly due to which some system files are missing. I think you should directly go to the Sony Ericsson Service Center where they will upgrade your phone again properly without being charged. Once they have upgraded your phone then there must not be any further problem in on your phone.

Most probably it seems like the problem regarding the software due to which you are facing such problem son your phone. If you have bought this phone within last one year then i guess you should go to the Sony Ericsson service center where they must be knowing about such issues if it is a common one and whatever it would be, But you will get your phone back without any problem, Free of cost!

First of all you should try to solve this problem by formatting your phone but make sure that you have taken the backup of your phone memory as it will erase all the data from your phone such as Messages, Contacts etc. You can format your phone by using SE PC Suit by connecting your phone to the PC. Reason for this problem could be some third party application as well. So remove all the third party application from your phone and then refresh your phone.