Thread: "Mark Levinson No 27" Amplifier power supply issue

"Mark Levinson No 27" Amplifier power supply issue

Having a problem in my “Mark Levinson No 27” amplifier audio processor, trips are breaks and the speaker buzz on one of the channel. When I connect it with VARIAC on 50 volt channel, then the DC is offset on 300MV., and drops up to 10MV. I continued with the 120V without dropping. The amplifier plays fine after the procedure. When I removed the power it backs to the problem. It is difficult to trace, what I should do?

Re: "Mark Levinson No 27" Amplifier power supply issue

There are some sorted output I the device with the equipments like Levinson. If you found any problem on this it will provide a factory service or from a well-known supporter with a good response. Another way is got the schematics and the bypass, which is situated somewhere in the input port inside the device. By the bypass you will got a average voltage at speaker output.

Basically off times which recognized hobbyists, can do a lot more than the service providers in very high supports. Most of the cases it is found that they have a bunch of not working equipments in either the left over from better days or bought special services for the clients, to meet the warranty station. They provide anything which are not obvious to the factory output and paid the amount.

I have a problem with my ML-27 power amplifier, when I disconnect it the both positive and negative 50 volts for the channels from the power supply, the other channels are working good. See the TO3 cased transistors which are used for the regulating power in per channel. I think the problem is in the circuit schemas. Is there anyone having same problem, and any suggestion to, how to repair it. It supported with another appliance ML-3 amplifier.

The best way is to furnishing the amplifier and diameter and length of the caps. If you found any fault then you can easily replace it with a new one, by the same mechanical features and Voltage-rating. If your amplifier is old then probably you will got the higher capacity voltage rating. The voltage rating is a may an cause of the problem that you mentioned in your scrap.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!