Thread: Can the 10 watt iPad charger also be used with an iPhone (or iPod touch)?

Can the 10 watt iPad charger also be used with an iPhone (or iPod touch)?

The devices which i have are of the iphone and the ipad, the question which i have is about the chargers of both the devices to be used for both of them,so as i know that the charger of iphone heats the device ,so can any one let me know whether the charger of ipad be used for the iphone, what may be the consequences of using this.

Re: Can the 10 watt iPad charger also be used with an iPhone (or iPod touch)?

As the charger of ipad which you want to use it for the phone,so i feel that the both the chargers are similar and made up of the same company and the connectors which they require are same, which may be used for the charging, the only thing which has to be kept in mind to check whether the device gets overheated.

The querry which you have in your mind about charging the battery of iphone with ipad charger, therefore according to me as the ipad charger outputs 10 watt it doesn't seem that the iphone to be charged at that rate of ipad, the iphone will undertake the as many input as its capacity is recommended by the charger of iphone.

The use of ipad charger may be made for the iphone, as the main motto behind it is the charging the battery,the use of this charger is made by me, so i know that the time required for charging is more than the usual time so i feel that the battery may be affected, as here the time is consumed so i recommend to use the ipad charger for ipad only.