Thread: problems with iPod nano 2GB

problems with iPod nano 2GB

My iPod worked fine but put that wing more music when the problem arose. Formatted it with windows but I thought I could synchronize iPod with Windows Media Player, download the iTunes and wanted to restore because it was the only option they gave me. Not let it stay for a few days spent one week and appeared this after connecting:
    (Please format the iPod for use in Windows. Do you want to restore your iPod iTunes now? 0k cancel, and then it came out ok, iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod to use iTunes, after pressing ok I give out another window and update restore spend a few seconds then I get an error message that says. The iPod could not be restored. There was an unknown error (1418).
    Please help me to sort out my problem of ipod.

Re: problems with iPod nano 2GB

I think that there are some issues with the iTunes. Have you tried to update your itunes.? Because many times updating resolves such issues. If you are having any problem regarding the itunes, I would like to suggest to check this - List of iTunes Errors and Solutions. I am sure that you will get the solution over here.

The first thing I recommend is that if you have the possibility to try to restore your iPod from another computer. You can also try this:
    1. Connect your iPod and start iTunes
    2. Select the iPod in the Source list and start the restoration
    3. While iTunes shows you the progress bar for installing using "Safely Remove Hardware" notification area to stop the iPod.
    4. When your PC will say "Safely Remove Hardware" USB disconnect and then reconnect it.
    5. Continue installing and hopefully able to restore your iPod

I do not understand the problem, if what you have lost the installation CD that came with your iPod, download iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/. Also I would like to remind you that before installing the new version, first uninstall the existing one. After uninstalling you can install the latest version. Only updating your previous version sometimes might not work.

In most cases, you must reset the iPod connected. I think that Restoring iPod to factory settings will solve the problem. It is significant to comprehend the distinction between update and restore. In an update simply installs the software that controls iPod and does not influence the songs and files stored on the iPod disk. Restoring expunges the iPod and iPod disk is restored to original factory settings.

If you are not having any idea about restoring iPod, the following steps would be useful for Restoring iPod to factory settings.
    1. Make sure you have an active Internet connection, because you may need to download new versions of iTunes software and iPod.
    2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes , if necessary.
    3. Open iTunes. Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB or FireWire cable that came with your iPod.
    4. After a few seconds, the iPod will appear in the iTunes Source pane.
    5. Select your iPod in the Source pane. You'll see information about the iPod appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes window.
    6. Click Reset.
    7. If you're using a Mac, you will be prompted to enter a name and administrator password.
    8. In the monitor displays a progress bar indicating that it has initiated phase one of the restoration process. After this phase, iTunes will present one of the two messages that appear with instructions specific iPod model you are restoring.
      • Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
      • Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies to newer iPod models).
    9. During phase two of the restoration process, the iPod screen shows an Apple logo and a progress bar at the bottom. It is very important that the iPod remains connected to a computer or iPod Power adapter during this phase.
    10. Note: It is possible that the progress bar is difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    11. After phase two of the restoration process is complete, the window of the iTunes Setup Assistant. I asked the name of your iPod and choose your syncing preferences, as it did when you connected your iPod for the first time.