Thread: Client SSL Certificate Authentication

Client SSL Certificate Authentication

I am using my iPad to access the website that require client side certificate. I had root CA certificate installed in profile and safari does not ask for a certificate. I want a way to change the identity preference in a profile. Is there any way to access the website that requires client side certificate. Please help.
    Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Client SSL Certificate Authentication

I think it is not possible because the client side certificate needs to be downloaded to the device so that each time you go to the website to be recognized. Also as you say that safari does not need client side cert because the safari cert on the iPad is a different version what we were using on PC and it is not full-featured. There is no way to do it on the iPad or iPhone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Even i am having issue when using corporate certificate as well with SSL authentication, i am using Exchange ActiveSync. i try to access this site on iPhone with the certificate installed and my iPhone is configured with proper setting and it is working fine. i am having this problem with my iPad only. So i think it might be happening due to the way iPad handle the SSL authentication based on stored certificates.

Having similar problem like this with iPad and client cert authentication. I had loaded the client cert using profile tool and web server requests a client cert and certificate dialog appears selecting the appropriate client cert. Safari hangs up with the loading symbol. No request is made to server if certificate is specified to the client. The same certificate i try in IE and firefox browsers on windows and this work fine.

I am sure that this problem occur only when you install more than one identity certificate. safari will ask which one to be used but later it will stalls. I have talked with apple people on this two days ago. If you remove all other certificate except the one you need, safari will authenticate fine and you will be able to browse through the pages. And now these have been gone.

I have the same problem with my iPad and even client authentication via browser still not working. I talk to apple people and they gave me some solution saying that it might solve the error. But I am not satisfied with their solution. I need something more information about it. Do you know more about it please paste it on? Thank you in advance for your valuable information.

Hi All,

have tried with several iPads, all of them connect for few seconds and then disconnect and request the password again. This is going on and on.
    Does anyone know why the disconnection occurs?
    Worth to mention that the connection is stable when trying from an iPhone.

Any help much appreciated!
    Petru

This is the genuine problem of the iPad which keeps of dropping the connection with the same. Some of the user fixed the issue by restarting the ipad so if you can then try the same. Another solution is that you should sync your iPad with the iTunes again and see whether you are getting the issue fixed or not. I hope this will help you too like others.