Thread: HP Envy 17 versus Sony Vaio F Series

HP Envy 17 versus Sony Vaio F Series

I am not able to decide what should I purchase like whether to go with the HP Envy 17 or the Sony Vaio F-series. In my country I am not able to customize this Sony or HP Envy as I want to be. To me it seems like the HP Envy is more advanced than the Sony Vaio because it comes with the USB 3.0 and the option to connect 3 screens to it. I also like the design of this HP Envy 17. But I have also heard that it doesnt come with blu-ray and there is also overheating problems with this HP Envy 17? So can anyone tell me what should I get for myself. Thanks

Re: HP Envy 17 versus Sony Vaio F Series

Well, I think that both the laptops are very solid systems. What ever you choose, you will be very pleased for sure. As for the previous track records, it was noted that Sony laptops can easily beat HP laptops. Sony is well known for making very good built machines. With the Sony Vaio F series you will be getting a blu-ray reader, a high end processor, and also a very good track recoder, USB 3.0 and good graphics onboard as well.

Re: HP Envy 17 versus Sony Vaio F Series

By comparing the different features of both the laptops I think that you should go with the Sony Vaio F series laptop. But in that same price range you could also get a Macbook Pro 15 with intel i7 core processor as well. But if you are not used to the Mac OS X then you should better be going with the Vaio instead. As for the Macbook, there are many good features in it. It comes with i7 core processor which easily beats the 720/740 QM in normal conditions. And you also get a backlight keyboard.

Incase you want to buy a 15inch laptop then I have some good experience working with photoshop and creative suite apps. There is also no overheating problems with the Envy 15. You also get Usb 3.0 with it, a 1920 x 1080 display and also a good video card onboard. But if you are considering to get an optical drive then the only option is to by external CD/DVD drive. One thing more, the battery life is also decent with the HP Envy 15.