Thread: All my books in iBook disappeared.

All my books in iBook disappeared.

I had more than 100 bokks downloaded from the free iBooks catalog. Today i did sync and all my books are gone. This include iPad user guide. I hesitate to use iBooks now till i am not getting solution to this issue. If they are going to disappear on regular basis, please help. Does any one know why and how this happen. Thank in advance for your valuable solution.

Re: All my books in iBook disappeared.

Really this is not normal. Even mine iBooks disappear once during sync. I re-sync and this solve my problem and everything came back. i do not have ny problems since. Give a try to this. If this does not solve your issue, try turn off your iPad and restart it. Or Doing hard reset by pressing and holding the power and home buttons at the same time. Hope this trick will help you to get back your iBooks.

Even i too have the same issue all my iBooks were disappeared. No real solution is available, as i have done google for a week. My friend with the same problem told me to just re-download them. This is not a fix but as no other solution is available i guess i am stuck doing that too. And i even want to know is there any chance to tapped the PDF tab on the top of iBooks? please help. your effort will be appreciated.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion as you suggest to re-sync or powering off and restating these are the steps i already performed before posting the problem and this does not work for me. I saw another post who has same problem and he was told to just redownload the missing books. i think there is no perfect solution available to this issue. I guess i will have to do that. May this will fix the problem temporarily.

I have the same problem . It was catch 22 issue in that it back up before I can update the iphone back to iOS4. The problem is that the new backup does not have the books that I previously downloaded. When I try to download it again using iBooks, it says me that I had already downloaded that books and now I need to purchase them. Is there any suggestion ?

I have solution to this problem. This is what I did to get everything back to normal.
    1) Try to sync the device to iTunes
    2) Mark uncheck iBooks in the apps section
    3) Sync once again to uninstall iBooks, press Ok I you get a message not able to read eBooks without iBooks
    4) Again check the Ibooks app
    5) Again sync to reinstall iBooks
    6) Open iBooks to see
    7) After performing this I got everything back exactly how it was before the issue.