Thread: Want to use both on screen keyboard and HID keyboard at same time

Want to use both on screen keyboard and HID keyboard at same time

I am having Imitation jewelery shop and i need to use my iPad to create sales order. In order some of the field need to be text and some need to be barcode information from scanner. I have HID bluetooth keyboard is a barcode scanner which is working fine. I need a way to be able to switch forth and back between screen keyboard and HID BT keyboard. If you ahve any idea please inform me. Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Want to use both on screen keyboard and HID keyboard at same time

I set the scanner to use Variable pin code and now i am able to connect a symbol LS4278 BT laser barcode scanner.I want ti use the virtual keyboard as well as bluetooth barcode on the iPad. I noticed that iPad Touch apps i have will allow me with iPhone virtual keyboard even if i have the barcode scanner attached. So it is possible to use both onboard keyboard and Bluetooth keyboard simultaneously. For this see page 4-16 of the symbol LS 4278 product reference guide.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am snooping as to all the scanner setting you need in order to make this connection. I am working on proof-of-concept for our company wirh an LS4278 and iPhone, but i still unable to see the scanner to get the iPhone. Set my scanner as HID slave and try both general and limited discover ability,enable/disable auth,enable/disable encryption, variable pin but nothing seems to be working. Help me to get rid of this problem.

Try this trick. If you pair Bluetooth keyboard to an iPad by pressing the eject button on the BT keyboard you can enable the on-screen keyboard. Then you can connect LS4278 then go back to application that accepf text and barcode bluetooth scanner will now both will work simultaneously. If you hide the on-screen keyboard you can't get it back. so you just need an application thet allow you to keep the oskb on screen.

The function that can control the simultaneous use of on-screen keyboard and Bluetooth HID device can be activated by a scanned control character or such. It will persist till another such apps comes along and turns it off, such as pressing the keyboard hide button on the on-screen keyboard. So only the solution is to be specific to the app that you will be working or Apple need to accommodate the need in the operating system.

The function that can control the simultaneous use of on-screen keyboard and Bluetooth HID device can be activated by a scanned control character or such. It will persist till another such apps comes along and turns it off, such as pressing the keyboard hide button on the on-screen keyboard. So only the solution is to be specific to the app that you will be working or Apple need to accommodate the need in the operating system.