Thread: Vivaz screen locked, touchscreen not working?

Vivaz screen locked, touchscreen not working?

I just made order for Sony Ericsson Vivaz last Sunday via internet and I received it today almost 6 days late. And when I use it I found that its touch screen is not working at all. When I turn to my computer to see my email and came back to mobile it was automatically locked. There was 3 SMS and I try to unlocked but it did not respond because of damage touch screen. I am not able to use my phone book and for that reason not able to contact to my friends and clients. It’s really very sad that it’s happening with my new mobile. There is no scratch on my phone screen so i assume that it is not damaged. There may be some internal problem. Anyone here who have seen such problem? Send me your suggestions.

Re: Vivaz screen locked, touchscreen not working?

I am also victim of this problem on my Ericsson Vivaz mobile. But in start my touch screen was working fine. From some days I am seeing this problem. Sometime touch screen do not react and respond and sometime it option pressed itself. I have also tried to check touch screen calibration but there are 5/6 touch in right base circle and rest of the circle go. I know my screen look fine and there is software problem. I have tried software update also but nothing helped me out. So I want to ask that it is a hardware problem or it is a software problem?

When I was facing this problem I tried to update it first but did not help. I made firmware upgrade on my mobile but it was also unsuccessful. My mobile was just 10 months old and it was under warranty. I was having only one way, so I sent it to Sony Ericsson center and one technician told me that it is very common with touch screen mobiles. In start this problem occurs occasionally but as time goes it becomes worst. So if your phones are under warranty then please send them to service center. This is only my advice.

It’s happening except same with me and I have sent already twice it to service center. First time I sent it through my dealer and 2nd time I sent it directly to Sony Ericsson service center but both times it works just for I or 2 weeks. Every time they have upgraded my system but nothing has changed. I think so they also do not know what happning with touch screen is. Now I am looking to replace my touch screen with new one. I hope it will solve my problem.

Dear in this case you have to confirm that it is a hardware problem or it is software problem. You can check it via software updates. Connect your mobile via usb to your PC and go to sony ericsson website to download update for Vivaz model. Download it on your phone and also install it on your phone. If it works after updating then good, but if not then problem in your touch screen. Send it to service center to replace your touch screen with new one.