Thread: Advance Samsung SGH-A885 XP USB driver

Advance Samsung SGH-A885 XP USB driver

I have this mobile and I really want to know, how can I connect it to my PC? When I went with this mobile phone to my friend there in his PC it got connected without any trouble. I do not know what the problem with this thing is. We both have the same configuration for the PC; I even asked him if he has something in addition to the PC that caused the mobile phone to connect. He told that he did nothing extraordinary. My USB slot can read the USB stick and hence I do not think that USB slot can be the culprit.

Re: Advance Samsung SGH-A885 XP USB driver

It is strange but I do not think that both the PC that you both have are exactly the same. Can you please tell me what are the operating systems that you and your friend are having on the PC. If you want you can please try downloading the updates for the mobile phone that is available with the official website of the Samsung. I think that these updates are really going to help you connect the mobile to the PC.

Thanks for the response, actually I am using Windows XP on my PC and I have 1 GB of RAM for the system and my friend has Windows 7 and has 2GB RAM for the system. I do not think that this can be the probable reason. I am pretty sure that there is nothing that Windows or Microsoft has to do in it. If there is a role of them to play here then please let me know about this thing. Any help will be appreciated.

How can you tell that you both have the same configuration of the PC, when he is having 1GB RAM more than yours. Also he is running the Windows 7 on his PC and you are running Windows XP, and that is where the difference can be seen. Actually Windows 7 comes with basic softwares and drivers for all sort of devices, and I think that caused the Samsung SGH-A885 to get connect to his PC. Well you can go for the updates for the mobile or you can have Windows 7.

I do not think that you should go for the Windows 7 for this simple problem. If you want you can have the updates for the USB i.e. updated USB drivers for Windows XP. All you need is to go on the internet and search for the right version of the software for the correct version of the Windows XP. I am sure that this will cure the problem of connection. Do post when you get one for yourself. Happy to help always.

If you want the name of the software then you can search for the Samsung NPS. I think that this will be more then what you actually need. Well going for the complete update of the softwares of the mobile is also not a bad idea. Please go for this thing also; it will help you to tackle some of the problems that may appear in the future. If however you cannot get the software for you then you can take the one that I used in my case, just click on this link: Samsung_NPS_1.2.1.IH1.exe
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I went for the updates for my mobile but I cannot find any updates for the Samsung SGH-A885. I could not go for the updates and I am also sad about it. Well however I have succeeded in connecting the phone top the PC. I would especially like to thank Bon-Z who suggested me the software. The link that you gave fetched me the correct software for me and it really did the trick. Thanks a lot all you there, you all are doing great guys.