Thread: Choppy audio after reboot of Inspiron 6400 laptop

Choppy audio after reboot of Inspiron 6400 laptop

I have bought the Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop but i guess something have gone wrong while installing the drivers for the same. I am hearing an Audio which is very much choppy and jumpy whenever I try and watch or listen to anything on my laptop. How can i clear the sound error which i am getting while listening to the music from my laptop?

Re: Choppy audio after reboot of Inspiron 6400 laptop

According to me the problem seems to be with the drivers of your windows machine. Actually you should download the latest audio drivers for your laptop so that you don't have to bother about the sound of your laptop. Directly visit the Dell's website from where you can have all the latest drivers as per your laptop's model number.

It might also happen that the problem is with the speaker itself which using. In most of the cases this kind of problem does not comes after reboot as if the problem is really with the speakers but still i suggest you to check your speakers. You must use the warranty period of your laptop if there is anything wrong with the speaker. Make sure that you don't open your laptop unless and until you don't know perfectly how to assemble it again.

After rebooting means you operating system have got something new due to which your laptop's windows sound system have got changed and hence it is not able to give proper sound. This could be the result of conflict between the multiple drivers as if you have installed an audio drivers on your laptop out of which an older one is not uninstalled completely, as a result your laptop has 1 full driver and another with some missing files.

Dr. V Guest

The ICH6 Southbridge is in your motherboard, so I assume that your sound card is integrated with your motherboard. To reinstall the driver for this sound card, you need the CD that came with your motherboard (or so visit the website of your motherboard manufacturer and model provided accurate, you will surely find in the download the right driver ).