Thread: AIM 7 Freezing My Notebook (Windows 7)

AIM 7 Freezing My Notebook (Windows 7)

I bought my new Asus G51VX notebook recently. It came with windows 7 operating system. Yesterday night when I was using AIM messenger, I sent my first instant message my system became lock suddenly. I restart my laptop and same thing occurred again on my laptop. I made windows recovery and then reinstall and install other application. Everything was fine until I went to AIM messenger again. It became freeze again when I sent IM by AIM application. I checked my firewall setting and even turn off my firewall but still it’s getting froze. I do want to contact Asus services. Please help me for this solution.

Re: AIM 7 Freezing My Notebook (Windows 7)

Were you facing this problem before AIM messenger? Is your machine is responding same with every messenger like yahoo, gtalk or MSN? Are you get consistently freeze or only frequently? I have not noticed any problem with messenger to make you system block yet. Check you CPU and GPU temperatures and also check the available free memory on your hard disk. Check that your all internet connection is working properly or not. Right click on you LAN connection and make it repair automatically.

Yes it happens every time when I try to send SMS with AIM. I have not tested other intent messengers yet. When I try to work on AIM, some else on the channel makes flood on my connection and making my system freeze. I am sure it’s not my laptop temperature. I have used more hard things like war of world games on my laptop and I never saw any overheating issue yet. That is why I am sure that there is not temperature and memory problem on my system.

I also do not think that it is an overheating or cooling issue because AIM does not utilize your processor at that rate. Free memory is fully separate part because windows utilize in different different way in every application but still for AIM memory will not be the issue. If suppose you have any memory effect then also it can show error in one application and in other one it will work. Run diagnostic application for memory testing
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also ASUS G51VX notebook user but I am not facing problem with AIM maybe because I am not using this application. But when I go into Ease of Access menu of windows 7 login screen, it’s making my system freeze. This one is not an internet application but still I am facing problem with it. I think so it is a bad memory issues. When I entered into my system by safe mode I do not see all these issues. Also my interwork properly.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly