Thread: Dell precision m6400 noisy fan

Dell precision m6400 noisy fan

I am using one Dell Precision M6400 and normally I very happy is work performance but somewhere its fans are irritating me. My laptops fans are making noise which is very annoying. I called dell for this issue and they told me to use compressed air fan to bowl out dust. I did this but still I am facing this issue. They again advised me to update BIOS but have no effect. I know my laptop is working with two fans one is for graphic card and 2nd one is for processor. Is anyone has any idea about this problem? any reply will be appreciated.

Re: Dell precision m6400 noisy fan

my wife is using dell Precision 690 desktop and believe me I am also facing this same issue it. I can understand fan noise issue with laptop because they’re very less space available but fan sound problem with desktop is really strange. And this month both fan giving more sound as compare to last month. I am not able to solve this issue after making BIOS update. If your laptop is in under warranty then claim your warranty and replace you laptop with new one if possible. They will never be able to repair this fan problem at all because they do not know what the real cause is.

I am using dell Precision M6400 laptop with very good work performance from last ten months. But form last two month I getting annoying noise from my both fan. But this month is much more than previous month. Yesterday night my unit started giving me power off issues, I thought it was because of heat sink problem because bottom of my laptop was very hot to touch. Then immediately take off back panel and took out battery, then panel slider from the front part simply. I was seeing two fan there with full of dust. I removed all the dust from fan wings by compressed fan from both side. And gain I put all components back at their aright place very carefully. From that day I am not seeing that issue. I think so my fans were stacked by dust and were making noise and heat issues.

Hello friends I am using Dell Precision M6400 laptop and whenever I start my laptop, its start giving me very annoying sound and which is unbearable. Fan starts making sound after 10-15 minutes of its power on. I followed advice to make it replace with Dell but they are just ready to repair it while I am sure they will not be able because they don’t know real problem. I have blow out all the dust but still there is problem. Is making BIOS update will solve this issue? I am ready to update if it is the solution.

Have you done virus scan on your laptop? Maybe there is virus problem. Virus makes your laptop performance very slow and in some case it can generate heat issues also. Install latest antivirus on your laptop and scan your system to track your virus. This is very common problem with dell laptops. In some dell laptops you will find very less space between fan and processor, therefore is you apply any extra space its start making sound. So you your laptop at hard surface