Thread: Sony Ericsson W995 PlayNow not working

Sony Ericsson W995 PlayNow not working

I am registered with the Sony Ericsson, with my Network Provider and also with the PlayNow. I exactly do not know what has happened with the registration. When I went to the PlayNow site to play a film, the website turned me down saying that I need to first UNLOCK it. Further when I accepted the option it says that the activation of my phone has failed, and then it gives me the IMEI number. I cannot understand what is going on here? Can anyone help me?

Re: Sony Ericsson W995 PlayNow not working

If you are already registered then I do not think that you must have fallen in this type of situation. I, as per the requirement of time, would suggest you to contact the Sony Ericsson Customer Support and see what they suggest. If they ask you to register again you will for sure require the IMEI number of your phone and the mobile number of yours. You will have to register again. Also it takes about 24*3 hours to get the account activated.

I think the reason that you cannot access the movie is because the registration of your account must have expired. I would suggest you to re-register your account and then only after this you will be able to view the movie. I am not sure but you will have to be in there contact regularly so that they make the registration fast or else they may take weeks to register you. Hope that you will find my advice comprehensive.

OK, I will make a call to the Customer Support of the Sony Ericsson, and will enquire about what actually happened in my case. Now it is OK that I cannot play the movie from the PlayNow website, but at this very moment I have found that the inbuilt BBCi player is also not working. I am unable to see the You Tube clips. All that I can see on the player is very pixelly background. What has started to happen to my mobile?

In my case of W995, I think that I am a bit lucky. The BBCi player and YouTube works fine in my mobile. It works well till it is connected to the Wi-Fi router. Well I do not know if they are going to work well on 3G, but when I used to haveW595 the YouTube videos used to run well. Yes I have encountered the pixelly background but at that time it was the 2G that was responsible. So I think that it is just because of what you are using, Wi-Fi or the 3G.

I thought that it will be a lot better if we can collect some details of the PlayNow. So I have something to share regarding the PlayNow; PlayNow is basically Sony Ericsson’s download service for media. The media includes music, games, wallpapers, etc. Then came the PlayNow arena, which is structured on a per country basis. Also it is compatible with varieties of Sony Ericsson phones. If you want more details about the PlayNow then you can visit this link: Sony Ericsson launches PlayNow™ plus - unlimited music download service
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"