Thread: Dell Inspiron 14R Bad performance

Dell Inspiron 14R Bad performance

Hello! I purchased one Dell Inspiron 14R with core i3 processor with 2 GB DDR3 RAM last month. I am not happy from the first day when I use it first time. It’s very slow and takes very long time open application. These applications are like Microsoft word and so on. My brother’s 1 year old laptop with core 2 duo is much much better than this. I have done factory restore on it but nothing changed. I have installed other windows OS, disabled my antivirus but its speed is still same. I have visited Dell service center they accept that system is slow but all hardware components are ok but they cannot repair it. Is anybody knows here that what is the real problem? Give me your valuable advice.

Re: Dell Inspiron 14R Bad performance

I was just planning to buy this Dell Inspiron 14R laptop but after reading this thread I am really confused. Is it just happening with your unit or all laptops of this model number are facing same problem? Can you please send me some images of your processor temps through hwmonitor application? You can download this software form Google absolutely free. It is also possible that there is any fault in your processor or in OS and other laptops will work fine. I would also like to have look on dell forums for this laptop.

I do not know about other laptops but mine one is very slow. Maybe other will work fine. Right now my laptop is in dell service center. Yesterday night I sent them one email to remind them my issue they came to me by phone and told me that this time they give it proper time to solve the issue. But if you are planning to buy this laptop then my opinion will be no. do not take risk there also some other laptop available and they are better than this one. It will not give you gigabit network and also its web-cam is just 1.3 megapixel.

I am also here with same Inspirion 14R laptop with same bad experience. It’s really very slow to open application and it’s also take long time to open my windows OS. I have sent it to dell service center and they are repairing it from last three weeks. These laptops gave me motherboard failure and DVD drive problem within 1.5 months from its buying date. This laptop will be very bad choice and even dell service centers are also slow to responds. Think twice before buying any dell laptops.

When I was suffering with this same issue with same dell laptop they replaced my laptop. This all story is just one moth old. I have received their new replacement yet to share their specification and performance on this thread. If dell service center is not responding to your complain the n you can make one complain to their mail dell website which I did. I wrote there very bed review and then they make contact to me and gave me one replacement. I hope it will work for you.