Thread: Acer Aspire One D250 Battery/BIOS Issue

Acer Aspire One D250 Battery/BIOS Issue

I am facing one problem with my laptop about its battery charging. I am using Acer Aspire D250. When I connect my AC adapter with battery, charging light turns Orange and power button also becomes orange and start showing battery charging but suddenly it stop charging with the blinks. I have tried lots of setting with my laptop but not able to solve this issue. I have done bios update to 1.27 but I did not solve the problem. Then I took out my battery from laptop and was running it only with AC adapter and then again put my battery back. It worked for a while but again start giving me same problem. I have done almost everything with it but notable to track the culprit. I did Bios update and flash drives but found same results. I think so problem is with my Operating system. I just switched to Moblin 2.1 from windows XP and I feel that it’s making interference with my components. In this same laptop I never saw all these problems on XP. My configurations are BIOS v.1.03 with Moblin v.2.1. if anyone can solve this problem please give me solution.

Re: Acer Aspire One D250 Battery/BIOS Issue

Ok I read your problem related your laptop I am sad that you are not able to charge your battery. I trust you that this problem is because of your new operating system. But are you sure that this issue is just because of Moblin OS? I suggest you one test: just try to install again windows XP on dual boot settings and then check that your battery is able to charge or not. If it is charging then I am also sure that it is a Moblin problem, but if it is not charging then problem is in your battery or any other hardware component. Best of luck!

Thanks Simonds for your suggestion! I know it is happening after switching to Moblin form windows XP but I read somewhere on internet that this issue is also available with this notebook without any Operating system exchange. This is the only reason that I am looking for BIOS update first. But I will also consider your suggestion. I will format my laptop and will again reinstall Windows XP and after that I will update my BIOS to higher version. If it works, I will again install Moblin in dual boot configuration and I wish it will be best.

Hi everyone! I am using same laptop and facing same battery issue. I do not believe that this issue is because of operating system exchange. I have not done any operating system exchange on my laptop, I am using windows XP and I have same problem. When I plug my charger to charge my battery, battery icon and power icon both turns orange and I am not able to find that it Is battery or AC adapter.

Ok its making me less panic that some other peoples are also facing this problem in their laptops. But in mine laptop, power icon stay orange while battery is full charged and when I use only battery it gets discharge only in 2 hours while it should be minimum 3 hrs because my laptop is just ten months old. I called to Acre technician for this issue and they told me that to go for BIOS page and reset battery settings but I am not able to find that BIOS page. When I turn on my laptop and start pressing F2 button, I am getting only normal setup page not BIOS page.

Ok I have one suggestion for your problem which I made on my laptop when I was suffering with this problem. Just shut down your laptop and again press your power button and hold it for 10 sec. Now release it, take out laptop battery carefully. After four to five minutes again insert your battery back into your laptop and close battery cover. Now plug Ac adapter and turn it on. Rest of the things will handle by BIOS.

I was just going to throw it out form my window but luckily my laptop is under warranty. Now my problem has been increased to its maximum level. I am not able to charge, it’s fully discharge after every 10 to 20 minutes uses. Only way to use it via Ac adapter. It’s very strange to see all these issues with one new laptop. if anyone has any real idea to solve the issue plz give me otherwise I have to send it back to Acer to make it fix.