Thread: Sony Ericsson W995 Wi-Fi problems

Sony Ericsson W995 Wi-Fi problems

My Sony Ericsson W995 has recently come up with the WI-Fi issues. Has anyone any idea how can I fix this? It was running well and it has started to give me problem from this morning. I am unable to access the Internet with the current connection settings. When I went to look for the IP address I found that it always begins with the 169. I doubt this but is there anything to do with the DHCP for this phone? Please help me out of this.

Re: Sony Ericsson W995 Wi-Fi problems

I do not think that there is anything problematic from the DHCP side. I do not know but think that you will need to updates the software of your phone. Sony Ericsson has released many updates for its mobile phones so that they can work well with today’s environment and can compete the current mobile. Please try the updates and I am sure that the updates will really help you get out of the Wi-Fi issues. Hope you get it work.

I am also in total agreement with what Crespin said. I even think that there is no problem with the DHCP. Please check for the updates. If at all the updates do not turn in your favor then I think you can go for the RESET. Please do this only when the updates do not cure the problem. Also there are two RESET one SOFT and the other is the HARD. First try the SOFT RESET and if it does not work then you can try for the HARD RESET. I am sure that this will solve the problem in your case.

Thanks for all the replies but I would like to tell you all that I have already tried all the basic diagnosis before troubling you all there. I think I should have posted this in the previous post of mine. Well, now regarding the updates, I did not mention in the above post as I did not think that this problem can be because of the updates. The first time I encountered this problem was when I updated the software of my phone. Do you all have more words for me?

I will not waste your time here, I would just ask, have you tried the older firmware? Sometimes older firmware does the trick. If, yet you have not tried then, I would suggest you to go for it first. I would have suggested you the same updating the software and Master Reset, but you have already tried it, so this is the only thing at this moment I can suggest you. However if it does not help you then I think you should again go for the newer firmware.

It is just what I think that you must have forgotten. Did you enable the Media Access Control address filtering on your Router? I know you must have done this but please take a look for that. Sometimes it happens that by mistake or accidentally it gets disabled. If you find that the MAC address filtering is enabled then, you should add the MAC address of the Sony Ericsson W995, in the allowed list so that it can work.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I will here tell you how you can connect your Sony Ericsson W995 via Wi-Fi. Just follow the simple steps below and you will be able to do well. Please make sure that all the software of the phone is updated.
    • First go to the connections and hit the WI-FI ON option.
    • As soon as you will hit the option you will see that it will search for the local networks.
    • Then after this a list of Wi-Fi networks will be visible on your screen.
    • From the list you only need to click the one that you want, after that just put it in the WEP key.
    • As soon as you will do this the WI-FI icon in the top left hand corner should go GREEN.

That’s it, if this happens successfully then your connection is established.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos16 View Post
    I will here tell you how you can connect your Sony Ericsson W995 via Wi-Fi. Just follow the simple steps below and you will be able to do well. Please make sure that all the software of the phone is updated.
    • First go to the connections and hit the WI-FI ON option.
    • As soon as you will hit the option you will see that it will search for the local networks.
    • Then after this a list of Wi-Fi networks will be visible on your screen.
    • From the list you only need to click the one that you want, after that just put it in the WEP key.
    • As soon as you will do this the WI-FI icon in the top left hand corner should go GREEN.

That’s it, if this happens successfully then your connection is established.
    Thats what happens to me, I get the connection and green icon but when I try and use it I get the error message

Its a BT opennetwork and also another open one but both connect but get comminication error turn off wi-fi or contact provider