Thread: typing from the keyboard is slow, it can't keep up

typing from the keyboard is slow, it can't keep up

Hi all, I have problem with the laptop keypad. My normal speed of typing is around 45 to 50 WPM. Whenever I type with that speed, I found that the keyboard can't keep up. And sometimes when I press a single key multiple times like I press key ‘a’ four times then I can see that it is typed only two times. I don’t have any idea about this issue. It is a brand new dell laptop. Do you know the possible reason behind this and how to get it solved?
    www.techarena.in

Re: typing from the keyboard is slow, it can't keep up

That is very simple to do. You have to go to the control panel and pen the settings for the keyboard. There you will see the option to adjust the the speed rate of the keyboard. Drag the pointer for the repeat delay to the right most knot and the pointer for the repeat rate also to the right. This will makes the speed of the keyboard faster and will not give such problems.

There may be problem with the BIOS. A few months back I was also having somewhat similar problem with my laptop. I called the computer technician and he only told me that it is a problem related to BIOS and I have to update the BIOS. I updated the BIOS and it solves the issue. Before updating it you should check by setting BIOS to its default setting. Hope this will help you solve your problem.

It may be issue with the software or hardware. To confirm that you should go to the BIOS screen and move around the menu available there with the help of arrows. If you found that you are getting the same delay here also then it is definitely a hardware problem and as you told that it is a bran new then I am sure that it should be under warranty. You should send it back and they will do the warranty service.

Pugsly is correct. If you find that the delay is gone then it has some problem with the software. It may be a keylogger or any other malware like pgm. Norton is not able to find that yet. Reboot your system into safe mode and open notepad and try to find delay by typing something. If the issue gone then you are having problem with your Windows and you need to reinstall the Windows to get it solved.

I was also having the same problem with the keyboard but actually that was not a keyboard problem. It was problem with the laptop battery. When I removed the battery from my laptop and turned on the laptop only with the A.C power supply then I found it was working fine and after I put the battery back to it, it shows the same problem again. The battery was short and therefore I replaced the battery with the new one and now it is working fine.

You can try above posts and see that if it helps you or not. When I was facing the similar issue then I tried almost every possible solution but none of them helped me. Finally with one of my friend’s suggestion I decided to reinstall the windows and I did the same and to my surprise it did the trick and I found the issue gone. That was great. You should also try that but make sure that it is your last option.