Thread: Effect of magnets on the iPad cases

Effect of magnets on the iPad cases

Could not magnets in confident iPad cases be potentially damaging to the device? I have observed magnetic closure instrument in PDAir, Marware EcoView, etc as well as I speculate how or if it would have an effect on the iPad. however I am scared of the magnet thing, I read a number of reviews regarding it be able to ‎have an effect on the compass as well as other say no it will not have an effect on, ‎Please, Can somebody check this . As well as tell us is it pretentious or not?

Re: Effect of magnets on the iPad cases

Hey I do not observe how it would have an effect on the iPad, from my discussion flash memory is not as inclined as established hard drives to magnetic interference. Though, as Buzzard stated, you would require one actually powerful magnetic to wipe a usual hard drive, allow alone flash memory. May this will help you to get closer to your problem

I attempted the MagnetMeter application on my iPad which is in a magnetic case. The two magnets are situated at the top left as well as bottom left of the device. The compass appears to turn immediately all right as well as appear to be correct while compared to a usual compass I have. Google Maps prompt me to move back and forth the iPad in a figure eight however following doing so it appears to effort sinuously. It almost certainly depends on the place of the magnet.

Having a magnet on the entire place or position near a compass is terrible additional than it be supposed to not cause several damage. A neat diminutive trick if you have comprised a magnetic name tag (the kind by means of a metal front plate and a backing by means of three surrounding magnets), if you position it together upside down you be able to get the magnets to align north/south. Seems to runs superior if you have comprised been drinking. I need some additional information in sequence related to the above topic and you suggestion if any.