Thread: How to transfer mp4 video to iphone

How to transfer mp4 video to iphone

Hello,
    I'm trying to rip my DVD movies for playback on my iPhone, I went through Windows with Ripp-it to put the image overlay with X.264 subtitles and sound in WAV that I I converted to AAC with iTunes. Problem, once repatriated in iTunes (so it reads perfectly the video) it warns me that it is impossible to transfer the video on the iPhone because it will be unable to read it. Yet I did everything to make it compatible: MP4-AVC (h264 + AAC) with a resolution of 480x272 and a bitrate of 768kbps. Where is my mistake? Yamb would be responsible? Is there a better muxer MP4 on Windows or Mac? Can you please help me with this.

Re: How to transfer mp4 video to iphone

It is a fairly common problem. Convert your video using ffmpegX or simply via iTunes (Right click> Convert Selection for iPhone / iPod Touch). I think this problem is due to metadata not supported by iPhone

Thank you for your reply. I have 2 concerns: ffmpegx via the conversion level is just daunting and time through iTunes I get a video with a blank white image but with the soundtrack. What is metadata? If I'm Apple + I in iTunes on my video and I look at the Summary tab, the information is accurate except the total flow that tells me 0 kbps, it would come to this? Can it be changed?

Yes, iTunes does not convert the video. For ffmpegX, the conversion time is rather long but gives a quality result. You can also use QuickTime Pro (if you did because it is paid) which is a bit faster.

For my part, I wanted to put a wmv (XPpro PC) on my Iphone.

Step 1: I converted the wmv to MP4 (Apple -ipod/iphone container) using SUPER v2008.build.33 (it's free and converts almost all formats without anything losing too much quality sound or image).
    Step 2: I was able to integrate this video into iTunes and then I asked iTunes to convert ipod / iphone. By cons impossible synchronier with the Iphone.
    Step 3: changing the type of multimedia content in video clip, the video went from class to class film music
    Sync then worked.