Thread: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - battery not working

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - battery not working

I have Dell Inspiron Mini 9 laptop from few I am facing problem with its battery. I don’t get any problem when I work on laptop with AC power in and battery is out but when I try to turn on my laptop with using battery, at that time my laptop is unable start. If anyone having solution on this then please let me know.Any reply will appreciate.

Re: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - battery not working

I had the same problem as you are having with your laptop battery. There may several reasons because of that battery is not perform well. Sometimes battery port is get damage because of that also battery is unable to charge or if you observe any of lights flashing or continuously blinks then there is problem with your battery.

I have gone through your question; I think your battery connection is must be loose because of that your battery is unable to get full charge. I suggest you to check battery port and the connection through which you charge your battery and also check the battery status that it is charging or not by Pressing status button.
    Last edited by Aarpitt; 28-09-2010 at 11:56 AM.

As per your issue, I advise you to make several observation of your battery, if you have to charge you battery again and again and when you charge your battery, if it’s heated more than normal then it means your battery must have damage and it is not capable of getting charge. I suggest you to replace your older battery with new one.

I think kind of issues is related to the BIOS. I will recommend you to update your BIOS software so that it may help you to overcome this issue and after charging your battery leave the battery plug for at least 10 hours. I hope this information may really help you. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

There are several reasons behind this issue may be your battery is damaged or may have any other issue. I will advise you to make the contact with Dell support system, because battery is one of the essential parts of laptop, it is not possible to carry the power accessories every time. I am sure Dell support team will help you to get through this issue.