Thread: Dell Error Message Checkpoint 25

Dell Error Message Checkpoint 25

I am having a Dell Vostro 200 laptop and i do not have any idea that what has happened to this laptop. I am getting an alert that system have failed at checkpoint [25] when i try to boot it up. Can anybody tell me that what is this checkpoint? How do i solve this problem now?

Re: Dell Error Message Checkpoint 25

I guess when you bought this laptop then you must have got the manual along with it which has all the informations about the dell's laptop as well as an error which might be faced by any dell user. I suggest you to go through that manual where you must find your answer. If you do not have that manual with you then you may search for the same on an internet.

I think you should try to boot up your laptop in the safe mode which might help you to understand this problem. When you start your computer then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options from where you can select for Safe Mode to boot your laptop in safe mode with or without Networking.

I think the problem is with an operating system which you have installed on your laptop. I guess some system file would be missing on your laptop due to which your dell laptop is not able to start properly. I think you have to reinstall an operating system on your machine then check that the same issue persists or not. If yes then your next step should be calling to the Dell's customer service.

It looks like the power surge having some problem with the BIOS settings. I suggest you to go through following steps.
    1. Disconnect your computer system.
    2. Keep pressed power button for few seconds to insulate off any latent power in the system.
    3. Pull out the CMOS battery.
    4. Keep your laptop battery out for 10 minutes. Then put the battery inside it and connect the system.
    Now check that the same problem is still there or not.