Thread: Dell Inspiron 530 - Turns on and off at startup

Dell Inspiron 530 - Turns on and off at startup

I am using this Dell Inspiron 530 since last two years and never had any problem regarding anything on it. But i guess something serious has happened to this machine now. When i am trying to boot up then fan gets loud and lights up blue but then nothing goes further. It gets shut off. But then third time when i tried the same way then it worked and no problem was there.

Re: Dell Inspiron 530 - Turns on and off at startup

There could be some loose connection inside your laptop which won't be powering up your motherboard due to which your laptop won't be getting the power supply consistently and hence it does not boot up normally. I guess you should still keep on checking the same issue for some more time and if it happens randomly then it is definitely some hardware issue.

This could be the problem with the battery which you can check by pulling out your battery out of it. Connect your laptop directly with an adapter and then try to boot up. Now if it does not gets booted up then there could be the problem with the motherboard for which you have to contact Dell to solve this problem.

Try to boot your laptop in the Safe Mode which might let you see this problem in more details. When you press power button of your laptop then keep on pressing the F8 key which will open the Windows Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode and then scan your whole system by using some good anti virus software. Remove all the viruses and reboot it.

It is not necessary that your motherboard has something wrong as it might be just some loose connection on your motherboard due to which power supply is not getting rotated in the functional areas of it. I guess you should give a check to your laptop from the Dell service center as if there would be any loose connection then you should not try solving it on your own. You may go the dealer from where you have bought this laptop.

Reinstall every part of extra hardware one by one, Check your laptop after each installation. As your PC powered on with no more than necessary hardware installed, those machinery are working properly. Which means that devices that you have detached is causing this issue. Replace the faulty hardware.

I recommend you to check check the pc by using the Power On Self Test card. If you system gets turned off automatically then i guess POST cad will be helping you to identify which piece of remaining hardware is to blame. If you do not have a POST card then you have to buy it which is much helpful in many ways.