Thread: Application and games folder not opening on W810i

Application and games folder not opening on W810i

Sony Ericsson W810i, it was a dream for me, and I finally bought it of my first salary. I was really happy with the mobile phone. I had bought a memory card for this phone, but I do not know what happened to the card. I bought a new one and tried inserting in the cell. All the things are well with the mobile, but I do not know why I cannot open the application and the game folder on this mobile. What in the world is happening here with the mobile? Has anyone any idea for this?

Re: Application and games folder not opening on W810i

I would just suggest you some of the basic steps that you should try to do so that you can come out of the problem with much ease. First of all switch off the mobile phone and then remove the battery and the memory card from the mobile phone for few minutes. After few minutes you can replace them and restart the phone. Please see if this helps. If however it fails then I think that you need to update the software of your phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This is just a suggestion; format the memory stick using the phone. Before formatting please do make a back-up of all the data from the stick most probably in the PC. If you are able to format the Memory Stick then I am sure that the stick is OK. However if you are not able to format it using the phone then I think that the card is corrupt and I would suggest you to buy the branded Memory Card so that you may in the future do not fall in this kind of problem.

I just had the similar issue and found a number of references for this in several forums. In my opinion the phone's file system has been shattered and it will require a re-flash. Just try to flash the phone and see if it can make a difference for you. Also if the flashing of the phone does not go in your way you can try the RESET option. In the RESET you have 2 options viz. SOFT and the other one is the HARD. First try the SOFT RESET and if nothing happens then you can go for the HARD RESET. I am sure that this will really work this time.

Thanks a lot for all the above solutions. I will definitely try all these and will report about them as soon as I will get something new to tell about. Now regarding the Branded Memory Stick, then I would like to tell you that both the Memory Sticks that I used for my mobile where standard one. I am sure that the memory sticks were not from the local company. Well I will try to flash the phone and then the RESET and will report soon regarding this.

However, from my side, and from my past experience I think that you need an upgrade for the firmware of your mobile. I had already come across with the similar problem a long time back when I had just started my days with the mobiles and the computers. At that time when the problem occurred I had no other choice other than to go for the replacement. Search for the software updates on the net and if you do not find any then you can go for the replacement.

I tried all the suggestions from your side but nothing worked in my favor. Can you all please tell me what should I do more? I have found the last post and it is telling me for the replacement. Should I even go for the replacement? I have tried a lot and searched a lot for the software updates. Can you all please give me some advice on this thing please?