Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

Last month I bought new Samsung star. I am very happy with all the features of the phone except its touch screen. When I unlock the phone, I found that the touch screen does not work and I am unable to select any of the options on the phone. And after 40-50 minutes it again start working. This is very frustrating to me. I am helpless. I don't know what to do. Is ,there anyone who can tell me the method to get out of the issue?

Re: Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

You have problem with the digitizer. Digitizer is responsible for the touchscreen functioning. The digitizer in your case may have burnt and to avoid this problem you should change the digitizer. I know this because I was also facing the same issue and got it solved by changing the digitizer. You should also change that to get out of this problem. I have faced this before therefore I know how frustrating this is.

As you told that you bought it last month then I am sure that it is under warranty. You must have the warranty card for your phone. You should let this issue to the dealer of your phone and see what they can help you. If they are not able to help you then you can take that to Samsung customer service center and ask them for replacing the phone. I am sure that they will help you the best way.

mobile touch screen is nothing but two very thin layers which are very close to each other not not in contact. when we touch the screen they come in contact and produces a signal which ultimately gives the result. I think there may be dust under the touch screen area which is not allowing the contact between two layers of the touchscreen and hence creating the issue. Get your mobile for servicing and make it clean. Prevent it from dust. This is the only possible solution in your case.

This problem may be because of the corrupted operating system of your phone. Some of the system files may be damages or missing which is causing the issue. You should upgrade the mobile software. You can go to Samsung official site to do that and if you think that it is risky for you to do that then you can let it to the mobile repairing shop and they will do that for you. They are going to charge for it but is not very high.

If you are running many applications together then it will jam the main memory of the phone. This causes the hanging of the phone for few seconds. It is not a touch screen problem. What you can do is close all the application running. Make the phone memory free by moving the files to memory card. Delete the messages which are not needed anymore. These are the simple things that one has to follow to make phone functional for long time.

I bought a star s5233 one yr back, n in just 6months i had prob with touch screen, ie sometimes it wouldnt respond n sometimes if i touch on a point, it would respomd at a distance above in the screen. And hence consulted the customer care, n they replaced the screen for me. At tat time it was in warranty period. And now again after 6months from previous repair, the problem has re-occured n i'm really fed up wit it. Pls guide me wat to do..? Either replace the screen again..? or any other options lik degitiser or cleaning the dust as suggested here.. Also it wud be really helpful if the rough estimation of repairs is proveded...

If at all you are having the issue with the screen and if you have got it replaced already then it will be better if you can have the Cell Phone replaced this time. Also in addition to this it will be better if you can go with all the suggestions that have been made above and see if anyone can work in your case. Have you tried calibrating the screen if not then please do this no one knows it might can help you in your situation there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charankr View Post
    I bought a star s5233 one yr back, n in just 6months i had prob with touch screen, ie sometimes it wouldnt respond n sometimes if i touch on a point, it would respomd at a distance above in the screen. And hence consulted the customer care, n they replaced the screen for me. At tat time it was in warranty period. And now again after 6months from previous repair, the problem has re-occured n i'm really fed up wit it. Pls guide me wat to do..? Either replace the screen again..? or any other options lik degitiser or cleaning the dust as suggested here.. Also it wud be really helpful if the rough estimation of repairs is proveded...
    Have u been able to resolve this issue now.
    I am facing a similar problem and the phone is not in guarentee period.
    Was wandering how to proceed,,

If your touchscreen is not working properly and you are having issue operating the same then first thing that i will suggest you is to take the complete backup of phone and perform the hard reset which will restore the complete phone to its factory setting. After performing the same if you have not yet got it working then the only thing that can work with the issue is to send it for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by huron View Post
    If your touchscreen is not working properly and you are having issue operating the same then first thing that i will suggest you is to take the complete backup of phone and perform the hard reset which will restore the complete phone to its factory setting. After performing the same if you have not yet got it working then the only thing that can work with the issue is to send it for repair.
    How can i do a "Hard reset" ?????

You just have to put a simple code for resetting your Samsung Star s5233 but before that dont forget to backup your entire or useful data or you will loose that all. Next make sure your mobiles battery has not reached to the weakest point. Now Entire *2767*3855# or #*7337# and OK. If it prompts for security password, than enter 00000000 (8 times zero). Thats it. Device will reboot and you are done.

hello people
    I bought this samsung star s5233 phone almost a year ago.
    but unfortunately my display is not working anymore..its totally blank,the good
    thing is my phone is still working with all the features.Its not even in the guarantee period now
    Plz some one suggest how can I get back my contacts and messages stored in the phone memory..they are really important for me..and I am not able to see anything on my phone.

will be grateful .

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmarkk View Post
    hello people
    I bought this samsung star s5233 phone almost a year ago.
    but unfortunately my display is not working anymore..its totally blank,the good
    thing is my phone is still working with all the features.Its not even in the guarantee period now
    Plz some one suggest how can I get back my contacts and messages stored in the phone memory..they are really important for me..and I am not able to see anything on my phone.

will be grateful .

Thanks .
    What do you see on the screen, is it a complete white screen but still you can feel that you can move around in the mobile menus? If that is the problem then it simply means you need to reload the software version in your mobile phone because it might be corrupted. So download the latest version of its firmware and flash your mobile phone, this will solve your issue. But, if the display is completely not working then try replacing the display itself.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

yes, I can move around in menu and options. My display is completely gone ..not even a single light ..its just black !! the problem is I have my contacts and messages locked with a security code..is this why I am not able to open them in samsung pc suite ?? besides the option is selected for mass storage as connectivity..so it can open the memory card while connecting !!
    still a software issue ??

PS: I just need to get them back ( messages and contacts of phone memory )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast