Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

Re: Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

You are in a serious trouble. Your screen is gone, phone is locked and you have all your contacts in that. Anyhow the pc suite can help you here only. Or else there is one way to get your contacts. If you know any good phone repairing guys the contact him. Tell him to bring a similar screen model for your phone. He will safely open the phone and connect the working screen and then you can from that backup your data. Your phone data does not get deleted till it is formatted, factory restored, or damaged completely.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmarkk View Post
    yes, I can move around in menu and options. My display is completely gone ..not even a single light ..its just black !! the problem is I have my contacts and messages locked with a security code..is this why I am not able to open them in samsung pc suite ?? besides the option is selected for mass storage as connectivity..so it can open the memory card while connecting !!
    still a software issue ??

PS: I just need to get them back ( messages and contacts of phone memory )
    Well, if that is the case, then try to put the same memory card in some other similar kind of mobile phone and then try to unlock it and also remove all the password and save all contacts and messages to computer by using the pc suite. After that flash your mobile phone which is in fault or change the disply of it as suggested and see to it whether it works or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thank you so much for the response.
    I have got all the contacts by using pc suite and for the messages when I save them on my pc..I don't know where they get stored or the specific file I am unable to find it .

and Plz let me know how to reset my phone.

Thanks again !!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightmarkk View Post
    Thank you so much for the response.
    I have got all the contacts by using pc suite and for the messages when I save them on my pc..I don't know where they get stored or the specific file I am unable to find it .

and Plz let me know how to reset my phone.
    I think that all the messages are stored on the pc at C:\Documents and Settings\NAME OF THE USER\Application Data\Samsung PC Studio 3 or C:\Users\ NAME OF THE USER \App Data\Roaming\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3. And to reset the samsung star mobile phone, you need to put the below code in your mobile phone and it will hard reset it:

1.)*2767*3855#
    2.)*7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
    3.)#7465625*638*00000000#

sad Re: Touchscreen problem with samsung Star s5233

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I think that all the messages are stored on the pc at C:\Documents and Settings\NAME OF THE USER\Application Data\Samsung PC Studio 3 or C:\Users\ NAME OF THE USER \App Data\Roaming\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3. And to reset the samsung star mobile phone, you need to put the below code in your mobile phone and it will hard reset it:

1.)*2767*3855#
    2.)*7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
    3.)#7465625*638*00000000#
    How do you do this if youre touchscreen doesnt work??

Quote Originally Posted by BredaT View Post
    How do you do this if youre touchscreen doesnt work??
    So you are saying that even if you move around your fingers on the touchscreen of Samsung Star s5233, then it isnt giving any response? Well to me it definately seems to be a display issue and therefore you will need to change its display screen. Other than that can you try to flash its firmware and check if that corrects the problem?

May I know what is "pc suite" and where you can get it? I have a similar situation with from S5230. Instead of the screen is dead, my touch screen key all shifted and I cannot type my password to login my phone. I just want to back up my contact. I have the USB cable to connect to my PC, but not sure how without turning the phone with PC connection mode. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by petitelapine View Post
    May I know what is "pc suite" and where you can get it? I have a similar situation with from S5230. Instead of the screen is dead, my touch screen key all shifted and I cannot type my password to login my phone. I just want to back up my contact. I have the USB cable to connect to my PC, but not sure how without turning the phone with PC connection mode. Help please.
    PC suite is nothing but a software that is used to sync your mobile phone in the computer and also transfer data, contacts, video and audio files. And the pc suite software for Samsung is called Kies. Just download it from the samsung website and install it in your pc and then connect your mobile phone in the computer via usb cable. Once your mobile phone is connected, backup all the data and then do a software update on your mobile phone to correct the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    PC suite is nothing but a software that is used to sync your mobile phone in the computer and also transfer data, contacts, video and audio files. And the pc suite software for Samsung is called Kies. Just download it from the samsung website and install it in your pc and then connect your mobile phone in the computer via usb cable. Once your mobile phone is connected, backup all the data and then do a software update on your mobile phone to correct the issue.
    Thanks for your explanation. I tried downloading both Kies and PC studio. However, I cannot seem to connect/browse info from my laptop. It requires me to enter my phone password and allow PC studio access first. And Kies does not seem to support my phone. I am stuck =( Appreciate if anyone can help.

Current situation - touch screen not working, phone is password protected. I have the USB cable to connect.

Need - use my laptop to copy phone contact info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12