Thread: Studio 1558 Freezes then crashes

Studio 1558 Freezes then crashes

I bought a Dell Studio 1558 laptop last month to get rid from my one year old laptop. It was working fine till yesterday night but from today it’s giving me problem. It’s become freeze and suddenly gets crash. I using my laptop with Core i7 and with 8GB RAM. Sometime my pointer also becomes larger. I am really confused that what happened with my laptop in one day. Right now I am using my old laptop which I really do not like to use. I have also downloaded A10 Bios but not sure that it will help or not. Give me your advice to find out the real problem.

Re: Studio 1558 Freezes then crashes

I have little bit idea about this problem. There are some reasons which can generate e these problems. Firstly you make a virus scan on your laptop to find that there is virus or not. Also make sure that your laptop is not overheating, basically it make laptop shutdown. Now shutdown your laptop and boot again via safe mode. Right click on my computer and go in Properties, advance settings, now go in advance tab and startup recovery. Look for the check box there. It will produce a bsod if it crashes, then you will find some sense to go on. One more this when you go in safe mode, use malwarebytes Its free, and works great.

Thank you very much for giving me your suggestions. One thing I also want to tell you that my laptop is just crashing from yesterday. Before that I have never noticed this problem. I purchase it last month. Ok now I have done every setting you told me to do in your reply but it’s still giving me crashes. I got tired by this problem. it’s very sad to having all these problem with your new laptop. I am pretty sure that I did everything you said without any mistake. Do you any other suggestion for me?

Hi friend! I was also having this trouble in my laptop. I am running my laptop with core i7 and 6 GB RAM. I purchased this laptop two month before and its start giving me hang up and frequently shutdown without any reasons. Then I update my BIOS to solve this issue and see I solve this issue by updating my BIOS and also updating every driver. I searched for this problem on internet to find the real culprit and it was free fall sensor driver which I got with the original system. I uninstall that driver and update it with latest drivers from dell website and now I am not seeing that problem.

Thanks a lot for starting this issue here. I am suffering with this trouble from last week and I was not able to locate what is the right solution. First of all I will say thanks to Cruzz he gives here this solution. I have downloaded every driver and also that malwarebytes software but all these things also not solving my problem. I run malawarebytes application in safe mode but I did not find any solution because today again my laptop gave me unnecessary shutdown. I really want to solve this problem desperately.

I can feel that how someone can feel if his laptop give all this kind of problems. I have faced this problem recently. Then read some forums about this laptop on its website. I got the solution by updating my BIOS to new version and I also made update in my ATI graphic card drivers. After making all these updates I am not facing that problem again. Just do all these in your device I hope you will get the solution.

I am seeing this problem continually on lots of thread. You explained above that you are still getting pain by this problem. As I am seeing some genuine threads that this kind of problem is maybe due to Aero user interface. I made switched off Aero on my laptop instantly and from that day I am not seeing all these issues. These issues may also be depending that which software you are using on your laptop. I also made update of my ATI driver to latest version.