Thread: Boot problem with Dell Vostro 200

Boot problem with Dell Vostro 200

I am having several Dell Vostro 200 laptops at my office out of which one is not booting up at all. Actually it shows me Dell logo and then machine goes through POST, but then nothing happens. I don't know what has happened to this laptop but it has became very much urgent to make this machine working. Please help me!

Re: Boot problem with Dell Vostro 200

I suggest you to try booting in Safe Mode (ESM), Only services and drivers needed to boot windows is loaded, the fact that your machine does that mean MSE a driver or service not required to start Windows prevents boot normal mode or may be a hardware driver is corrupted. To remedy this we will have, as you tried reinstalling the bone, or fry the machine to a previous state (state or phenomenon does not show up). The easiest course is to return the machine to a previous state.

Feasible through the System Restore tool for Windows Vista, accessible through: "Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore" once the choice is made, you will have a window "System Restore", click Next, and then choose a restore point (depending on the date, select a date or you did not have a problem), confirm and reboot the machine. If the cons problem is not resolved through the restoration tool, the solution remains clear is the relocation.

Dell machines (not all machines) contain a recovery partition, the partition contains a kind of hard disk image, in other words if you use the machine as you exit the factory, the highlight of this partition is that it saves you install the drivers after all, and saves you a lot of time (everything happens in a few minutes). To do this:
    1. Press F8 at the Dell logo appears at startup.
    2. Choose: Your Computer Repair (repair your computer)
    3. Select the keyboard language to the window that appears and confirm by clicking "Next"
    4. Enter the user name and password (must have administrator rights)
    5. Choose "Dell Factory Image Restore" on the menu
    6. Follow the wizard (it will have to tick a box to confirm that you understand that the data will be deleted)
    7. Wait a moment and click Finish when you're done.
    8. Well, you're supposed to have the machine to its original state (factory).

The Windows CD at your disposal is a bootable CD that you can use anytime for the relocation of windows, just do as you did, and press F12 to Dell logo appears, then you a boot menu, you choose CD-ROM drive and you press "enter", then you will get a message telling you that stealth bootable CD is detected and asks you to type any key to boot from the CD, c ' Therefore I suggest you press "enter" to 2 3 times to see when choosing the menu Cdrom Boot (so it will not let the boot on the CD).

Sometime this kind of issue can also occur due to the loose RAM. Try removing your RAM strips, and put them back one by one on your two slots by testing each time it starts. That may be a bad contact on that side. You will find how to do this in the manual of your computer available on the Dell online.