Thread: Dell Inspiron E1505 hinge problem

Dell Inspiron E1505 hinge problem

I bought inspiron E1505 laptop 1.5 years before for my office uses. It was working fine form last one year but for last one week I am having problem with it. I think so problem is with my hinges. My laptop is spoiling and dispersal opens the cover. My laptop is not under warranty and when I wanted to call warranty number they require $45 from me just to talk. I do not have any problem for paying. But I want to locate any repair center where I would like to pay for the repairing of my unit. I want to receive the information for local repair other I am thinking to send it to Dell service center for repairing. Please give me your very important advice.

Re: Dell Inspiron E1505 hinge problem

Normally people do not face any problem with hinges until they drop their laptop on road. But if you are having problem with your hinges and you are sure for that, then you can order you hinges online or may be able to purchase from local dell service center. You have to purchase both left and right hinges for your Dell Inspiron E1505. You will get almost 90 days warranty. You can install these hinges yourself by reading the manual book of your laptop. It’s very easy.

Hello friend I am also using same laptop but my problem is with my laptop’s LCD screen. My LCD screen is breaking from left side corner when my lid is closed. And when I open my lid, its seems fix well with LCD screen. I am not able to make sure that this because of Hinges or LCD cover. Yesterday I made call to Dell services and they told me to repair my problem in $200 , but still my laptop is under warranty. I searched for some local repair center help but I did not successes. I am thinking to repair it by myself but first I have to be sure that what is the right problem, hinges or Lcd cover. Tell me your advice and also explain me that how to change hinges?

It’s very necessary to maintain your laptop properly for longer use. Hinges are very important part of our laptop. In every 6 months, I do pop the button cover and also tight the hinges screw. You should try to screw up with your laptop; maybe you will get the solution if you hinges are stuck. When I touch last time, I used one small type thread lock. On mine laptop, there was 2 sticker patches hiding some other hinges screw. You should check your every screw and see what happen.

I searched for the online help for hinges and after finding the appropriate pair I placed the order for hinges. I also read the manual to get help to repair my hinges at home. I remove my display screen and bezel carefully. I was able to repair my right hinges without touching any wire as described in the user manual. Now it’s working properly and it was very simple. Thanks a lot dear to give me all these help and instruction. I did all these work just in $50.

I was pretty happy with my dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. Its work performance is still very good while it is one year old. But for last month I am not happy with its hinges. I feel that its hinges are getting little bit looser day by day. I am wondering that is they are repairable or not? Nowadays they are really very loss. I feel that both part of my laptop are just connected by wire passing between keyboard and screen. Is anybody here who has any idea?

I did not understood, that what is the exact way in which your hinges getting loose. If they are getting loose in open and close manner then its little bit serious problem. You have to be stuck until dell service repair them. But if you are feeling that when you twist your screen to close or open u feels tightness or loose, then you can repair them by yourself. On mine laptop there some screw behind my screen covered by some stickers. Take one screw driver and make them little bit strip off. You can manage tightness and smoothness of your screen from these screws.