Thread: Windows Vista + Sony Handycam + Firewire = Problem

Windows Vista + Sony Handycam + Firewire = Problem

I recently purchased a Sony Handycam DCR-HC44 and I obviously filmed without any problems since. So I buy a Firewire card that installs in 1394 still without problems. I plug the camera, detected during a brief moment and then nothing. I have Win vista. So I reinstalled the drivers for win vista firewire as the many recommended but it still does not work. Does anyone had the same problem? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Vista + Sony Handycam + Firewire = Problem

It is a problem that comes from your firewire card, just like windows qd demand drivers for the camera while it is connected via firewire (unnecessary drivers). He will be disassembled to clean the contacts of the firewire card back then, if it does not work: in the trash and buy another. You have tried everything, what with such a camera Consumer possible. Would have been understood that the camcorder stops when the battery, it crashes and / or cartridge is inserted. You may both be excluded as a cause.

The answer is always the same: use the DV output (firewire IEEE1394) to get full quality. If your computer does not have a firewire port, you can add him for a couple of Euro (on a PCI slot) and buy a firewire cable 4 pin to 6 pin. Some cards come with a cable and DV editing software. There are sets PCI firewire card, firewire cable 6 / 4 and Ulead VideoStudio 7 SE for under 40 $.

A firewire card is not a capture card but a card that supports communication ports firewire. The signal from the DV camera is digitized and firewire provides transportation to the hard drive of your computer data DV. Software such as Ulead First or work directly on these data. Acquisition boards or external casing can digitize analog signals, which is not necessary with signals already digitized. Some camcorders also allow direct digitization of analog signals which then makes it unnecessary to purchase cards or acquisition modules, except for particular applications.

Via firewire, it's a digital transfer, with a capture card, if c by the output s-video cam, it will transfer analog of lower quality, Still favors the firewire and if your pc is already equipped, needless to redeem a card for that. However, a capture card (with firewire) has often (check in all cases) of processing capacity that can handle specific videos bcp faster than the method main pc, even with your config I'm not sure it was worth, trying with what you already have, if the treatment is too slow you might consider a map (but in firwire)

he 1394 port called "fire wire" used to tranfer the content digitally without modification (you select the storage format -> compressed or not). The acquisition card requires going through a transformation num -> ana then remade the map processing analog -> digital. All this means lower quality (contrast, color, sharpness). It is better to opt for the fire wire port, after all cheaper. The capture card is to be preferred in case of recovery from an analog system (VCR, camcorder, etc.).