Thread: Ipod Classic Ejects automatically when Connected to computer

Ipod Classic Ejects automatically when Connected to computer

I have an Apple 80gb Ipod classic which I connect it to my desktop PC which is running on Windows Xp. I was able to sync the Ipod without any problems with Itunes 8.0 but after updating the Itunes to 9.0 I am not able to sync the Ipod with my computer. Ipod ejects automatically when it is connected to the computer. I cant figure out what the problem is and I am freaking out as the Ipod is out of warranty. If anybody is facing the same problem then be kind enough to share the solution.

Re: Ipod Classic Ejects automatically when Connected to computer

Check the connecting cable that connects the Ipod to the computer. The USB cord which is used to connect the Ipod to computer consist of no. of lines of conductors. These lines develop fault if the cord is not stored properly. Also the connected terminals get oxidized and prevent proper connection of the Ipod with the computer. Take a blade and clean the connecting terminals of the cord to remove the oxidized material and see if you can sync the Ipod with the computer or not. If it does not work, then replacing the cord is only option left.

Do you use the Ipod as an External storage device? If yes then there is high possibility that the Ipod is infected with a Virus which preventing it from connecting to the computer. Ipod usually dont get infected by virus's as it is a Mac system but if the enable Disk use option is checked marked in Itunes then the Ipod can also be used as a Mass storage device which can be infected by a Virus. Scan the Ipod with an updated Antivirus in safe mode and clean the infected files on it. Once the Ipod is cleaned from all the virus's, boot the system in normal mode and see if it gets synced with your computer. It should get synced after cleaning the virus's from the Ipod.

The problem you are facing is due to the Version of the Itunes you are using. Uninstall the current installation of the Itunes and install Itunes 8.0. Before uninstalling the Itunes 9.0 save the music library to some place on the hard drive. Itunes 9.0 has some problems with smooth working of Ipod classic. Itunes 9.0 is compatible with 3rd generation Ipods. As you are using 80gb Classic Ipod which is 2nd generation Ipod and hence it does not work properly with the version of iTunes you have installed. Installing Itunes 8.0 will solve your problem.

Have you tried resetting the Ipod before connecting it to the computer. Sometimes the operating system on which Ipod works gets stuck up and creates problem while connecting it to the computer. Resetting the Ipod helps in getting the system out of the Infinite loop. To reset the Ipod follow these steps :-
    1) Remove the Ipod from HOLD.
    2) Press Menu and Center Button simultaneously.
    3) Keep pressing this buttons till screen of Ipod becomes grey and displays an Apple Icon.
    4) Once the Apple Logo is seen, release the buttons.
    Now let the Ipod restart and then connect it to PC and see if it gets connected to the computer.

There are many applications which get installed while installing Itunes 9.0. If these applications are removed from the system, the Itunes works properly but the devices dont get detected by the system. Bonjour is one such software which gets installed with Itunes 9.0. Go to control panel and then select Add/Remove programs. Now See if the Bonjour is installed or not. If Bonjour is not installed, then Uninstall the Itunes and then Install it with all the sub-applications. Once the Itunes is reinstalled with Bonjour, you will be able to synchronize your Ipod without any problems.

Hi same problem since the weekend when I tried to sync! managed to restore but when I synced again it wouldnt work at all! Mine is still under warranty for what its worth! I took it to the apple store today they told me its because it got wet!!!!!!!!!!! Its never even been out in the rain! They told me they would give me a replacement and keep my old one if I paid £90!!! Is it just me or can you see a scam going on here! Anyway I'm 43 an electrician and no numpty so I took it apart cleaned all the connections put it back together charged it no problems at all! As soon as I synced it with itunes it put on 328 songs(same as before but different songs) then crashed my pc ipod is back to square 1 and will only charge in disc mode!
    Any solutions yet!