Thread: Sony Ericsson w995 Battery Problem

Sony Ericsson w995 Battery Problem

I do not know the reason why my mobile has come up with this problem. I have done nothing weird but still it gives me this problem. At night I left it for charging and in the morning when I switched on the mobile the battery was not fully charged. I tried again to charge the mobile phone, but as soon as I inserted the charger, it started to give me warning like: Unable to charge the battery. Please insert the Sony Ericsson Battery. I am sure that the battery is the original one. Any suggestions from your side.

Re: Sony Ericsson w995 Battery Problem

I would ask you to make sure that whether the charger that you are using is the original one. It sometimes happens that the charger becomes the core culprit for this. I have seen this kind of problems with many of the users, and we have seen that about 80 percent problem is the duplicate charger or the duplicate browser. See and make sure that you do not have the duplicate things with you.

I too think the same, but however, if that is not the case then I would suggest you to update all the software of your phone. I am pretty sure that the updates will do something for you in your case. For the updates you can go on the air, or if you wish you can go via PC for your phone. After the connection gets established you can run the Sony Ericsson Update Service, so that the software of the phone can be updated. Please see and let us know if that worked.

Well thanks a lot for the advice. I just wanted to tell you all that I am dam sure that the battery as well as the charger that I am using is the original one that came with the piece. I also want to tell you all that I have tried the charger of my friend who has the same mobile piece, and the result was the same. I even tried my charger on his cell phone and that cell phone was charging. I even did the same with the battery and my phones battery was running well on his cell phone. I will definitely look for the software updates that you talked about.

With my Sony Ericsson I am also facing the same kind of problem. The problem is somewhat serious in my case. I have read this thread and you have mentioned about the software updates, but in my case, my mobile phone is switched off. Is there any other way by which I can go for the update of the software. As the mobile phone is switched off I do not think that I will be able to go on the air with this.

I do not think you will be able to go up with the above solution. To follow this procedure the life of the battery must be 50 percent or above. For you I would suggest you to look for the similar charger or can borrow the battery from your friend, so that you can follow the procedure. Also you can try to use the USB connection so that you can charge the mobile phone. You desperately need help from your friend.

Yes for the above procedure to be followed that battery should be more than 50 percent. If you can charge the mobile with the USB connection then you will be able to follow the procedure. Once the mobile is charged then you can run the Sony Ericsson update service to see the changes. If at all it does not work then it will be better if you can take this thing to the Sony Ericsson Service center so that they can take the care of this thing.