Thread: studio 1749 fan noise/temperature problems

studio 1749 fan noise/temperature problems

Hello friend I purchased one Dell Studio 1749 laptop for my Son. Its running with Intel i5 CPU 520M, 4GB RAM and 320 GB hard disk. I am having one problem in my laptop. My laptop fan is making sound frequently in every five minutes. Then I made some test on temperature on my laptop and I found that my CPU temperature is always between 30 to 36 degree Celsius and when its start to heat fan starts making sound to make it cool. The ideal temperature is going up and down frequently; even there is no work load on CPU. Suppose if I am not doing any work on my laptop and left it alone then also I am seeing the temperature is not constant and fan start making sound which is very irritating. I want to ask that, is this all normal? Can this threshold be customized? Is everything is fine with my Dell laptop? Please every suggestion will be appreciated…

Re: studio 1749 fan noise/temperature problems

Have you searched for this solution on dell website? You must read dell 1747 laptops forums. I hope you may track you problem there. But if you are really getting irritation for this kind of problem then I will personally suggest you that go for BIOS updating. I think so 7-8 x BIOS updating can solve your issue if it is a software problem, but if there is any hardware issue then you should take advice from your dell service center because your laptop is still under warranty. I have seen also some other two major problem on dell forums. I think that there should one better graphic card on this laptop and your problem is indicating that I am little bit right.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Welcome to this thread. I am also using Dell studio and I know that fan sound is really very irritating. I think so that CPU is not able to give is full performance what I was expecting form him and this is the main reason that fan is making annoying sound. I will be very interesting to see that what will happen when you will put some work load on you dell 1749 ( for example heavy games). I will also be agreeing with Bon-Z that u should have look on dell 1749 forums.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You have to provide your full report to dell service department to get better advice. When I was facing this problem I made some reports via prime 95 or Furmark software to notice that what is going on internally with my laptop. Download Prime 95 and install it on your machine and also download Furmark and install it. Both are available on Google. When you will run this software’s you will get the results about speed of processor and temperature. Make a proper report and send it Dell service center. I hope they will provide you better solution.

Since you said here that you purchased your laptop recently, its means it should not give all these kind of CPU and FAN problems. I would be interesting to know that which graphic card you are using? I read on some Portuguese website that Dell is providing ATI HD573, but now I came to know form some dell workers that they are selling only one graphic card HD5650 installed on 1749. Maybe it was a mistake. Also try to use your laptop on hard surface. If you are making any extra pressure on CPU fan its start making annoying sound.

Hi everybody! I am using one Dell studio 1749 laptop and interesting that I am having this same issue on my laptop. If we both are having this issue then there will be some others also. When I left my laptop free, in every two or three minutes my fan starts moving for around 25 to 35 seconds. My office is normally soundless therefore this looks very loud. I have updated my BIOS to A02 version but it did not help me and I am still facing these issues. I do not know what to do. I also own one other Dell Vostro 1700 laptop with core 2 from last 2 years. Its fan works always with very low speed and the temperature of CPU is always 50 degree Celsius. I confused that in my laptop, fan always start making sound at 25 to 30 degree Celsius. Is there is problem with my fan? Give me advice.

Hey friends I called to dell for this problem and they told me that it was some problem which will be resolved in new units. He explained me that because of some thermal paint, laptops fan were making sound. But I have received one new shipment, and here is my experience: there is very little dissimilarity in thermal behavior and now you CPU temperature will stay cool for little bit long time but still it will start creeping up during ideal. This new one is almost same as was the last one. In new laptops BIOS is A03 but still they are making sound and problem exists. I am again disappointed form Dell laptops and I feel that other laptop is better than Dell.