Thread: Nikon 5T and 6T close up filter

Nikon 5T and 6T close up filter

I just found a camera. This is a Nikon AF F-801S, It has 2 lenses, Nikkon AF Nikkor 35-135mm 1:3.5-4.5 & Nikkon AF Nikkon 85mm 1:3.5-4.5 28 - Both made in Japan. Also these "Close-up lens attachment No. 5T and 6T" and this Nikon Speedlight SB-24. How many of these lenses and other stuff worth? Can I use a modern digital body? Please suggest some Nikon 5T and 6T close up filter.

Re: Nikon 5T and 6T close up filter

This kit is approximately the typical non-pro level kit Nikon late 80s to early 90s. The lenses work on Nikon digital SLR today and autofocus on the camera body with Nikon AF motors such as the D90. You must have cash available and center-weighted metering. The flash does not work in TTL mode on a modern Nikon camera - you only get one shot full. You need to use it manually.

The Kenko extension tubes that are cheap and keep automation (for example here: but I do not know what it can provide a zoom . If you want one day to go further and buy a obj. macro, you can continue to use them (and grow even more). The goal of reversing rings that allow you to return your obj and then get a report of great importance, but again, I do not know what it can give with zoom. In any case these two solutions with a simple walk 50mm 1.8 you can find cheap.

The important thing in a windshield is first power in diopters: over this value, the more it will get closer and magnify the subject.Then you must know that with the same windshield, the longer the lens focal length, the more "big".
    Finally, and most important of all is their construction. The bonnets "upscale" are composed of two achromatic lenses to minimize loss of image quality. Their frames are therefore thicker than those of basic bonnets. There renowned for their quality (and price that goes with it!). The Cokin bonnets are basic, the Canon I do not know, but it has a good reputation.

The important thing in a windshield is first power in diopters: over this value, the more it will get closer and magnify the subject. Then you must know that with the same windshield, the longer the lens focal length, the more "big". Finally, and most important of all is their construction. The bonnets "upscale" are composed of two achromatic lenses to minimize loss of image quality. Their frames are therefore thicker than those of basic bonnets.