Thread: IR cellphones to tv remote control

IR cellphones to tv remote control

Hi, I am using a IR cell phone and I am well known that I can use the IR cell phone as a remote control for my TV but I don't know the setting to do that. I just know that I have to install some program or application to do that. Is there anyone who know any such application that I should install on my phone to make it work as a TV remote for the mobile. Please provide me the suggestion to do that. Any helpful suggestion will be appreciative.

Re: IR cellphones to tv remote control

I searched on internet for the answer and you should install irRemote software. This software is available on internet and you can download it. Install it on your phone and restart your mobile phone. This will make your remote to work as a TV remote. I have not used this application before therefore I can not guarantee for it. You should read all the information for this application before downloading and installing it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You can install irRemote to your phone and this will turn your phone to a universal remote control. This software will allow you to operate audio and video with one device. Signals are send through the infrared port. This will give you a simple use. Just select the device from your phone and control that with your phones keypad. You can download new codes for your phone from irRemote so that it will support more device.

If you want to use the IR capabilities of the phone then you have to get access to the manufacturer or device specific APIs. It is going to be a quite important task to port from CDC to CLDC. The very first thing that you should do is to check the website of manufacturer for T610 and see that IR API is available for J2ME or not. If it is not available then you can use that as a TV remote.

Here are the steps that you should follow to do the task of converting your IR phone to a TV remote.
    • You have to download total remote control on your mobile.
    • Download the key generation also in your mobile.
    • Install that on your mobile.
    • Control TV and VCR with your phone as remote.

By this way you can use your phone as a remote for your TV.

I think that you can find that application at irremote.psiloc.com. Install that on your mobile to use your mobile as a TV remote control. I have never downloaded that before therefore I am not sure that it will be free or not. Be careful before downloading the application. It will also mess up you phone and break it like other application. Therefore use it on your own risk.