Thread: Sony XPeria x10 mini:turn off Internet service provider and GPS.

Sony XPeria x10 mini:turn off Internet service provider and GPS.

Just few days ago I bought a Sony X10 mini pro and now have some questions regarding my device. Is there any way to set the mobile, to ask me whether I connect to internet or not? Can I used it to connect internet in wifi from my home network or the features I wants to use from my home? Any way to use only the internal GPS service? Any reply will be appreciated.

Re: Sony XPeria x10 mini:turn off Internet service provider and GPS.

When you are in your home screen of the device, press the menu button and then press 'Arrange Widgets' option. You will found 'Add Widget' option on the list, click on it and search for the “Data transfer” widget. It will provide a button to access the internet from your mobile directly. You can easily on or off the data traffic of internet whenever you wish.

There are some widgets you can put on your home screen, like Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, Background Data, Screen Brightness etc. These widgets are used to switch quickly to the options.There is also an widget with is used to switch the mobile into Airplane mode named as 'Status Switch', where the options are wifi,GPS, Bluetooth, mute sound and an indicator for the roaming.

The data traffic of your internet, if you off it, then you will not got any network connection from your internet network provider. On the other hand if you have the wifi connection then all the applications will works for the internet access. The browser sometimes close some application during boot up on the mobile, for that Task Killer is very useful to check whether the particular application(that you are looking) is running or not.